Saint Greg's Carnival Spirit 8-Day Bahamas - LIVE - February 17, 2024

25 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Complementary moon pie. I was never big on moon pies. My mom always bought them. Now I wonder if she did it because she knew I wouldn’t eat them.

IMG_1962.jpeg

I like the chocolate, the banana not so much. :classic_smile:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Mobile was the first capital of Louisiana. Mobile, then Biloxi, New Orleans, Donaldsonville, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge.

Really!!! I didn't realize that Louisiana covered that much territory originally! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, blarko said:

What a strange thing to be “complementary”.

Yeah I don’t know if it’s a mobile thing or a Hilton garden inn thing. You know you get the cookies at doubletree. But I’m sure I’ve stayed at HGI in Baton Rouge and New Orleans and I don’t remember moon pies.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Really!!! I didn't realize that Louisiana covered that much territory originally! 

The Louisiana purchase went up into Canada. It makes up all or part of like 17 states and two Canadian provinces I think.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I would take that. Here in Somerset New Jersey it's 29 degrees and we got a foot of snow overnight! At least it's the light fluffy stuff! :classic_smile:

I wouldn't mind cold if I got to see snow! But just once or twice not months on end lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Like the hotel. Signage on where to turn is is bad. Especially at night. And if you miss the turn you have to circle the block until you find it.

My toilet runs. Didn’t notice that until 5am. That’s about it. Other than that it’s good.

oh wait. Two elevators. One broken. The cleaning lady said they’ve been waiting for four months on a part….so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

14 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I wouldn't mind cold if I got to see snow! But just once or twice not months on end lol.

It's funny because we haven't had any measurable snow in almost two years (a record), and now we've been hit twice in five days! :classic_smile:

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I would take that. Here in Somerset New Jersey it's 29 degrees and we got a foot of snow overnight! At least it's the light fluffy stuff! :classic_smile:

Glad you are home safe and sound but in my mind you were in Disney Springs as of yesterday?😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

11 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Glad you are home safe and sound but in my mind you were in Disney Springs as of yesterday?😉

I wish........upon a star!:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Haha 7

46 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The Louisiana purchase went up into Canada. It makes up all or part of like 17 states and two Canadian provinces I think.

Thanks for the History Lesson. I of course had heard of the Louisiana Purchase but didn't know the story. The southern most part of Alberta & Saskatchewan were in there. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Complementary moon pie. I was never big on moon pies. My mom always bought them. Now I wonder if she did it because she knew I wouldn’t eat them.

IMG_1962.jpeg

Okay, I love Moon Pies but not banana flavored 😞 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Is this legit here?

IMG_2032.jpeg

This is legit... as long as they have a bill of sale that shows they purchased the vehicle within the last 10 days.

Edited by loanshark
  • Like 6