Special Forms for 17YO without parent?

bfahs

We will be crusing with Teens for the first time (cruised as couple and with young kids previously) 

we are doing a trip with my 17YO daughter and her 17YO best friend. 

We will have friends parents sign / notarize a travel permission showing her parents are aware she is traveling with us to the port and on the cruise and  giving us rights to act for her in a medical emergency.  

does anyone here know if NCL has any speciffic form(s) THEY require when the parent of a minor is not on the ship? 

To start with, your “notarized” letter is useless. with that, you would be denied boarding. 

You need to complete the required NCL parent consent forms and get copies of the parent’s IDs. Follow the cruise line rules, not something you made up. 

As someone that just did this, I will also tell you that NCL is VERY strict on their policy. You MUST have their form to provide at check in. Additionally, make sure you have an extra copy of the form - they kept our original at check in and when the teens went to register for teen club they were turned away as they also required the form there. I didn't have a copy and we had to wait until all of the documents were brought from check in back to the ship to get the original back - the teens were not pleased with me!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

As someone that just did this, I will also tell you that NCL is VERY strict on their policy. You MUST have their form to provide at check in. Additionally, make sure you have an extra copy of the form - they kept our original at check in and when the teens went to register for teen club they were turned away as they also required the form there. I didn't have a copy and we had to wait until all of the documents were brought from check in back to the ship to get the original back - the teens were not pleased with me!

Thank you!

im actually surprised this hasn’t come up in the discussions we had with ncl…. 

On 2/17/2024 at 11:26 AM, BirdTravels said:

To start with, your “notarized” letter is useless. with that, you would be denied boarding. 

You need to complete the required NCL parent consent forms and get copies of the parent’s IDs. Follow the cruise line rules, not something you made up. 

May not be what ncl needs, which is why I was asking. This type of letter is suggested for airline travel which we will be doing to get to the cruise. So not useless.

On NCL's home page scroll to the bottom and find the required documents.  Look for age requirements for travel will tell you all required documents.  We are planning on taking our daughter and grands without their father and this gave us the exact info we needed.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:26 AM, BirdTravels said:

Wow - that was a little harsh, in my mind not a bad thing to have.  I'd rather have more documents than less.

13 minutes ago, TYTY said:

Wow - that was a little harsh, in my mind not a bad thing to have.  I'd rather have more documents than less.

Consider the source

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TYTY said:

But having something you made up or read on the internet, versus what the cruise line requires will result in your watching the ship sail away without you. Why put the other family through the time and expense running around to fill out and notarizing your made up letter? Every week there are horrific rants from people who were denied boarding because they did not take the time to understand what the cruise line (any cruise line) requires for passage. 

7 hours ago, zqvol said:

Consider the source

Yes, I always want to make it perfectly clear to everyone is reading the thread that the current course of action is incorrect and will result in denial of boarding. Then I want to make perfectly clear what the correct course of action should be.