World Cruise 2024 Segment Papeete to Auckland aboard Serenity

Stickman1990

Terry, thank you for posting every day's menus and Reflections. Been enjoying the vicarious travels along with you.

Are you staying on the next segment to Perth?

Rob

Sadly disembarkation day for us so hoping someone takes over the baton of posting menus and Reflections each day 

I will make a few catchup posts soon and hopefully post some more pictures 

Needless to say we’ve had a great time and enjoyed being back on Crystal 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Sadly disembarkation day for us so hoping someone takes over the baton of posting menus and Reflections each day 

Safe travels home. Till our cruising paths cross again. 🌎🛳️🚢🖐️

Rob

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I will make a few catchup posts soon and hopefully post some more pictures 

Thanks very much for your updates Terry. Wishing you and Kerry a safe trip home.

It would be interesting to read about your comparison from this Crystal experience with your Explora Journey one. Will that be possible?

Ivi

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have really enjoyed reading your posts and loved the pictures!  Thank you!

I agree with Ivi that I would be interested in an Explora I comparison to Crystal if you would like to.  It looks like a beautiful ship, but I am curious how the slightly higher passenger capacity "feels" to you and Kerry.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

It would be interesting to read about your comparison from this Crystal experience with your Explora Journey one. Will that be possible?

Thanks - Yes happy to do that - probably next week 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Thanks - Yes happy to do that - probably next week 

And I'll see if I disagree with anything you say, Terry! We are just starting day 2 on EJ. 

Obviously I've been following along - how many days before your next cruise starts? 5 or 6?!

Adrian 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Noggins said:

And I'll see if I disagree with anything you say, Terry! We are just starting day 2 on EJ. 

Obviously I've been following along - how many days before your next cruise starts? 5 or 6?!

Adrian 

Great Adrian 👍 it will be good to have your input also. 

You and Terry, two cruisers with so much experience with cruising and who can give us a honest opinion. Thanks 😊 

Ivi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Great Adrian 👍 it will be good to have your input also. 

You and Terry, two cruisers with so much experience with cruising and who can give us a honest opinion. Thanks 😊 

Ivi

That's very kind, Ivi but my experience pales against Terry's - and yours!

(My EJ take is gradually emerging over on the EJ board.)

Adrian 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day 20 & 21 - Sea day cruising to Auckland and Disembarkation in Auckland 

Sorry I’m running a couple of days behind (again) as we got caught up in getting ourselves ready to disembark and head down to our first stop on our road trip to Wellington over the next week

On our penultimate day aboard we just relaxed and started to ready ourselves for the not so fun task of packing while saying goodbye to the crew members we’d got to know over the last few weeks and with fellow cruisers, many of whom are continuing on for the full World Cruise which is getting towards half way completed now 

We went to the Cove area to see the display by the knitting group and the art group - it looks like everyone had lots of fun. I think the Odyssey Art at Sea programme is a really good part of Crystal’s enrichment programme and a great opportunity for guests to meet each other 

Trivia result was ok but we were well behind the winners for the segment - wishing our team mates staying on better luck on the next segment 

We dined in Waterside restaurant for both lunch and dinner - it’s a great venue to eat a la carte and makes portion control easier plus the selection and quality of food is top notch. We lingered over dinner so didn’t get to the show but I did stop by the Avenue for a farewell drink 

Our bags were packed and out ready for collection by 11pm. Disembarkation was very smooth, no delays and very easy and we were off the ship by 10am and headed off to collect our car and get on the road to Rotorua 

The temperatures have definitely changed as we cruised south but I’m pleased to say the weather in Auckland turned out to be quite warm 

While we haven’t booked another Crystal Serenity cruise we have a month on Crystal Symphony to look forward in December so we have that to look forward to - and needless to say I am looking at next years Crystal itineraries

Some pictures loaded but it seems anything over 2mb won’t load - sorry but I don’t have the time to resize them all 

IMG_9198.jpeg

IMG_9207.jpeg

IMG_9208.jpeg

IMG_9218.jpeg

IMG_9219.jpeg

IMG_1659.jpeg

IMG_9206.jpeg

• Like 4