Live: CARIBBEAN PRINCESS Feb 18 2024

Spiral_Array

Very sorry to hear about your less than ideal start and sending positive wishes for the rest of your cruise.  San Juan is our favorite Caribbean port.  We will be on the CB for this itinerary on March 17th.

• Like 1

We are on the March 17 sailing also. My brother and wife are on this sailing. They watched sail away from promenade in rain but shot a great video of pilot jumping on pilot boat after sail away. He mentioned medical emergency, ship went back to port and re-docked at 2:30am and sailed away again. Hopefully you have good weather in San Juan. We are looking forward to that stop. Love El Morro.

We are thinking of going on the CB possibly next February. Can you please report back about the good, bad or ugly things that you have noticed? Pictures are always welcome too. We have been on the CB twice & like the ship, not to big but not too small.

Thanks.

Heavensent, there is an area 1 deck above the Lido deck all the way at the rear of the ship. It is small but it is there. If I recall it is on deck 16 on the port side (left).

Steve.

10 hours ago, Heavensent said:

Do you know if there's a waterpark/facilities for ag 5 and under.  I know it's not known for kids and mostly older demographic but the itinerary/pricing is good that I'm looking at.

There's a decent little splash pad - short slides, fountains, dumping buckets, etc . It's small but will be plenty big for a 5 year old.. 

We were on the Caribbean Princess last summer with our 2 granddaughters and their families.  The 4 year old absolutely loved the splash pad area.  Even the 8 year old had a good time when she wasn't visiting the kids club.  Parents and grandparents enjoyed it too.

Will be on the Caribbean the end of April with my younger daughter and her family. Looking to sign the grandkids (3, 6 & 9) up for Camp Discovery. Splash pad sounds like fun. Thanks for the info.

46 minutes ago, highflyingrealtor said:

$41. I would have rather stopped there.😀

We've been there to many times and no longer get much out of it.

I see that they've increased the port fees considerably. We only got refunded $33 per person in Jan. 

20 hours ago, SCFCRUISER said:

Spiral, can you report back to any issues good or bad on the ship ??

Thanks,

we’ve been on the CB three times now and generally love this (and the sister) ships. Having the walk around promenade is always wonderful. If you’re used to Princess (style, service, processes) it’s more of the same…predictable and steady.

The music is a little more current this voyage, which has been a welcome surprise. Also delighted that there is a special vegan menu in the main dining room. 

The only complaint is about Vines Bar. No, I’ll not start the “wine bar vs full bar” argument LOL.  Two issues: the seating is still terrible (always has been on this ship). High top tables and backless stools crammed in to a space which is too small. We remember this from prior voyages so we knew it was going to be uncomfortable…The real disappointment this time is the service. We are no stranger to Vines and we are not having the classic experience. Zero table service, a less than optimal selection of wines on the menu (we are selecting wines still in stock which used to be featured), and we have to expressly ask for the ridel glassware every time. The Wine Tender is working is butt off it’s just poorly staffed on this voyage (ship?) and it’s noticeable.

Other than that, it’s a great ship with a line that is predictable.

• 2 weeks later...