Does Radiance of the Seas have electrical outlets near the bed?

My wife and I are sailing on the Radiance in May and I was wondering if there are outlets near the beds in the inside cabins?  I use a cpap and it would be nice to not have to string an extension cord.

Thank you.  It won't be the first time I've needed to use an extension cord.  You would think that having an outlet near the bed would become standard with so many people using cpap machines as well as fo charging their phones. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Opfor311 said:

You would think that having an outlet near the bed would become standard with so many people using cpap machines as well as fo charging their phones. 

They did become standard on newer ships but RCI won't retrofit cabins for something like that on older ships.

• Like 1

I forget which thread it was right now, but someone in their cruise review (live?) had a picture of an extension cord delivered by the cabin steward and mentioned that they had ordered one (with a lot of other people) ahead of time via special requests. I assume it was for a CPAP.

So, if you'd rather not bring one yourself, you can go that route. (If you trust RCL to follow through).

I've gotten into the habit of bringing one of my own.  I have read that the cruise lines only have a few on board and can run out.  I did see a video of someone bringing a 25 foot cord and suspending it from the ceiling with magnetic hooks. 

Hello All - Radiance does not have outlets by the bed and an extension cord will be needed.  Radiance was built in the Meyer-Werft Shipyard in Germany in 1999-2000 and her inaugural cruise was in April 2001 🙂  I watched her be built while waiting to sail on the inaugural sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Band1Mom said:

Radiance was built in the Meyer-Werft Shipyard in Germany in 1999-2000 and her inaugural cruise was in April 2001 🙂  I watched her be built while waiting to sail on the inaugural sailing.

Her "maiden" voyage (first revenue sailing) was March 26-29, 2001.  I was on that sailing.

48 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Her "maiden" voyage (first revenue sailing) was March 26-29, 2001.  I was on that sailing.

Ahh she did have a couple 3-night sailings, however, her official inaugural was after those, it was a 14-night Panama Canal transit, which I was on 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DEBCAT65 said:

Does anybody know the type of European converter you would need to use those outlets?

You would need a regular Euro adapter (search for that term on any shopping site).

1 hour ago, DEBCAT65 said:

Does anybody know the type of European converter you would need to use those outlets?

It is easy to find the adapters that convert 220 to 110....just be sure that whatever device you plug into the adapter can handle the resulting current.  Most mobile phones have built-in converters and tolerate the current but most hair dryers (for example) do not....so just know what you're plugging into the adapter.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DEBCAT65 said:

I use the following 2 adaptors (don't have a need for a full convertor):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058EG0KC/

51lE27xZHtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YDF8GCT

61w-Jym8icL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And I use this, which negates much of the need for needing to use multiple outlets (recently upgraded from an all USB-A one): 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BX3V6ZZX

71mcucRBCPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by RobInMN

17 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

It is easy to find the adapters that convert 220 to 110....just be sure that whatever device you plug into the adapter can handle the resulting current.  Most mobile phones have built-in converters and tolerate the current but most hair dryers (for example) do not....so just know what you're plugging into the adapter.

To clarify:  You are not converting 220 to 110 with the adapter.