Two FCC given on board...

Recently was given two separate FCC (15% and 20%) on board a ship due to some minor inconveniences. However, now that I am at home, they are only honouring one of them....eventually they honoured the 20% and said it superseded the 15%. Have escalated it many times but its falling on deaf ears.

Has anyone ever had the two FCC honoured (as two separate FCCs on two different new bookings) or is it a thing that they only allow the one of greater value? Thanks.

Edited by Monk86

"...eventually they honoured the 20% and said it superseded the 15%."

That may be the case.  Only you and RCI know the situation.  Unfortunately, RCI most likely has the final decision.

Have you sent a short/concise email to mbayley@rccl.com ? 

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

"...eventually they honoured the 20% and said it superseded the 15%."

That may be the case.  Only you and RCI know the situation.  Unfortunately, RCI most likely has the final decision.

Have you sent a short/concise email to mbayley@rccl.com ? 

Not yet, but its on my to do list as every other avenue has been exhausted... Ill probably do it at the weekend. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I received 3 of these last year and ran into the same issue.  We were on a B2B2B, but 2 of the certs were from the same cruise from different crew members.  They honored 2 of them in the end.

Yes, thats sounds similar...strange that they dont honour them and for the most part dont give a reason

I was told by RC resolutions that one cannot use 2 good faith FCC's on the same booking. Hence in our case only one was applied. We had received 20 %  for our AC not working on the Grandeur some years back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Did they know you had multiple letters? Meaning could you try calling once with one letter, getting those FCC codes, then calling again for the other letter?

Yes, they all had different percentages all on letterhead.  We were also given different certificate numbers and totals for each of us.

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

Curious... what were the "minor inconveniences" that generated 35% in credits?

Heck, we got a 50% for a leaky bathtub. All we did was report the leak, maintenance repaired it, later in the week a person showed up with a 50% letter. (I was hoping it would be 50% of our b2b2b on the ship, but alas only 50% on the first cruise fare) 

For clarification again, I am not nor have I ever tried to use 2 FCCs on the one cruise. 

I was given 2 separate FCC letters for separate issues. On return home, I contacted RCI to get both of the numbers. I only received one number for 20% and used that on another cruise.

I have asked why Im not getting the number for the 15% to use on a different future cruise and Im hitting a brick wall.