LIVE from Discovery: Feb 24 - Mar 2

New2cruise2022

11 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

The Crown doesn't have the Juice Bar?  

We're booked in a few months and I'll be disappointed if we can't get our morning juices.

We will verify and report back to you all shortly …

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

As far as showers go, it was better than most and worse than others. 

I was also looking for a more spacious and glass enclosed shower. I didn’t have as much luck as @New2cruise2022 . First, I couldn’t find the shower gel and shampoo everyone promised. Second, while I don’t love it to be steamy, mine was far too drafty. Lastly, mine ended abruptly when I was invited to return to my stateroom. 

IMG_5940.jpeg

• Haha 14

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The Crown doesn't have the Juice Bar?  

We're booked in a few months and I'll be disappointed if we can't get our morning juices.

I was very much looking forward to it,  ut was told they changed to the juice machines, one at the ice cream shop, bar by the pool and aft pool behind the buffet

5 hours ago, drwbrt said:

I was also looking for a more spacious and glass enclosed shower. I didn’t have as much luck as @New2cruise2022 . First, I couldn’t find the shower gel and shampoo everyone promised. Second, while I don’t love it to be steamy, mine was far too drafty. Lastly, mine ended abruptly when I was invited to return to my stateroom. 

IMG_5940.jpeg

That's WAY too much information. 

• Haha 2

Could you check out the depth of the two main pools?  I've heard they are solar heated, but I'm not sure exactly what that means - heated by the sun alone, so not really heated, or the heaters are solar powered.  We head up to San Francisco on April 20, and hope for a good pool depth to do water aerobics, and warm enough water!

It’s Day 3 and we will be in Cabo in a few hours. Weather continues to be incredible. Sunny and warm. I would bet there are more than a few lobster-looking passengers by tomorrow morning. 🦞☀️

IMG_0824.thumb.jpeg.2471de997d9dcb199e913f9866dd5392.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.80e1c5b721abbc38e62c795aa5fe8860.jpg

It is just before 7 AM and nearly 70 F. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

It’s Day 3 and we will be in Cabo in a few hours. Weather continues to be incredible. Sunny and warm. I would bet there are more than a few lobster-looking passengers by tomorrow morning. 🦞☀️

IMG_0824.thumb.jpeg.2471de997d9dcb199e913f9866dd5392.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.80e1c5b721abbc38e62c795aa5fe8860.jpg

It is just before 7 AM and nearly 70 F. 

Perfect weather for a peach tea smash out on the balcony. Better order two. They go down easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tinkerbelluk said:

As someone who's about to embark on their first cruise I'm loving the updates, especially the humour.

First cruise excitement is the best. You’re very kind, but we’re probably only funny because of the drink package. We’d be funnier if you were also imbibing. 

• Like 1

Loved the juice on Grand Princess. Most mornings I had the Immune Booster and The Cleanser. Typical for Princess idiocy they also have one just called The Booster. Both my wife and I absolutely hated it. I never tried the last two as they are blender drinks rather than juice.

image.jpeg.9c6336f17585771a85de333e92e03450.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2and2 said:

Perfect weather for a peach tea smash out on the balcony. Better order two. They go down easy.

They go down real easy. I really enjoyed it when I had it Crown Grill but I love bourbon, so the peach tea portion is maybe wasted on me. In Tennessee I have access to great peach tea and great bourbon. I typically keep them separate, one at work during lunch and one at home in the evening. My wife makes great peach tea.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jaycruising said:

I was very much looking forward to it,  ut was told they changed to the juice machines, one at the ice cream shop, bar by the pool and aft pool behind the buffet

What we had on Grand Princess was an actual juicer. I watched as they ran the fresh ingredients through it and directly into the glass. It was only available at the aft bar outside the rear entrance to the buffet. Being on the ship for 63 days the bartenders got to know me well...😁

Edited by Thrak

14 hours ago, greenbeanie said:

Could you check out the depth of the two main pools?  I've heard they are solar heated, but I'm not sure exactly what that means - heated by the sun alone, so not really heated, or the heaters are solar powered.  We head up to San Francisco on April 20, and hope for a good pool depth to do water aerobics, and warm enough water!

We checked this out on our morning deck walk. 

the main pools are the same depth at each. The temperature in the forward pool was probably 85F, the aft main pool was probably 80F. They were deeper at one end but had the same depth across both of these main pools. 
IMG_6015.thumb.jpeg.0702acc51eaf925e7c4d0f2ae1b9fd13.jpegIMG_6016.thumb.jpeg.6dd2fb699c73d700680bb81d9e2f5790.jpegWe also stopped in the retreat (adults only) pool and thought I was pushing 90F. It was very warm. It is more shallow though. 
IMG_6017.thumb.jpeg.3f3f40e73b0c1886807f334f7261c79d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying your cruise report. Since we live close to this port this is our go to cruise whenever we want to get away. Not sure if you have plans in Mazatlan, but best thing to do if you want to eat and drink is to walk over to the little ferry area and take a small boat to Stone Island. Cost a few bucks, hang on to your ticket for the trip back. We then walk or take a little truck/taxi, to our favorite beach restaurant, El Velero. Chewie is the owner. Will set you up with chairs overlooking the water. Great food and drinks! And if the little cart comes by selling donuts, they are delicious! 

IMG_0830.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 2and2 said:

Just like the 3 long island ice teas I drank in about an hour and a half. Good thing someone else is driving the ship.  😬

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, drwbrt said:

They go down real easy. I really enjoyed it when I had it Crown Grill but I love bourbon, so the peach tea portion is maybe wasted on me. In Tennessee I have access to great peach tea and great bourbon. I typically keep them separate, one at work during lunch and one at home in the evening. My wife makes great peach tea.

Well branch out and try the Remy Martin XO congac on the rocks for your after dinner drink at the main dinning room. You don't get to have that every day. I felt like a big shot drinking it, until I remembered I have to go back to my job at the factory after the cruise.

• Haha 1