A few questions about the Joy following her recent drydock

scgssny

We last sailed on the Joy Sept 2023, and are heading back this June. I am curious to know what modifications were made to the Vibe? Did they change the size and make a section of it public, like on the Bliss?

What are the production shows following the dry dock?

Based on the fact that NCL didn't add a thermal pool in the recent spa renovation, we will skip purchasing a spa pass for the week. However we would like to enjoy the space for a day. Can anyone confirm that they are selling spa day passes and if so, how many and how much are they per day? 

Thanks for any info!

• Like 1

The Vibe is larger. As @hallux noted, the lazer tag area on deck 20 is now part of Vibe. Cabanas have been added, but none of it has been turned into public subdeck space, though, as far as I can tell.

No announcements yet to changes to the entertainment offerings. We are sailing in April and we are still seeing the same options that were there following the closure of Footloose last Fall.

From the reports that I have seen, the Thermal Suite does have a small hot tub and a VERY small, VERY cold plunge pool, but no thermal pool. Day passes may be available, depending on how many weekly passes are purchased. The price is likely to be $79 per day, by that likely will vary depending on the sailing date and anticipated demand.

• Like 1

I am booked on the March 9 Joy cruise.  I just checked and day passes are not available as of right now for the thermal suite.  I can buy a 7 day pass for $199 per person.  I have no idea if day passes will be available after we board.

Thanks for the info all. Glad to hear that they made the Vibe larger 🙂. I always wondered if they got enough use out of the laser tag to justify the space. 

1 hour ago, KyleDefends said:

I am booked on the March 9 Joy cruise.  I just checked and day passes are not available as of right now for the thermal suite.  I can buy a 7 day pass for $199 per person.  I have no idea if day passes will be available after we board.

Have you actually tried checking out and adding the 7-day pass to your cart?  You will get an error.

4 hours ago, KyleDefends said:

You can't actually purchase that week pass. The transaction will not go through.

i even called to try and purchase for the same date and it's on board only for now.

the passes for the week are available for $299

a week; $80 for a day pass.

plunge pool fits one; hot tub fits 6.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

I am still curious why they stopped selling cabanas.

I was hoping they were for rent, but just not available for reservation online. That doesn’t seem to be the case based on early pics from @Rush fan and the fact my (awesome) PCC doesn’t see the cabana rental options, only access passes. 
For me it’s more than a minor point. May change my joy cruise (north-south Panama Canal) for a similar bliss (south-north) cruise based on that alone. I really enjoyed having my own private space in the vibe. 

7 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

I was hoping they were for rent, but just not available for reservation online. That doesn’t seem to be the case based on early pics from @Rush fan and the fact my (awesome) PCC doesn’t see the cabana rental options, only access passes. 
For me it’s more than a minor point. May change my joy cruise (north-south Panama Canal) for a similar bliss (south-north) cruise based on that alone. I really enjoyed having my own private space in the vibe. 

I am also waiting and hoping they start preselling the cabanas as they do on other ships.   I am very surprised they have not done so yet as it would create more revenue as they all would be sold.  

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I am also waiting and hoping they start preselling the cabanas as they do on other ships.   I am very surprised they have not done so yet as it would create more revenue as they all would be sold.  

They may have stopped selling cabanas on all ships. They make more money selling individual passes now. Well unless they just raise the price of the cabana too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

They may have stopped selling cabanas on all ships. They make more money selling individual passes now. Well unless they just raise the price of the cabana too.

They did raise the prices of the cabanas recently and they are still for sale on other ships.   We currently have a cabana reserved on the Viva for February 2025 and I can reserve one for our June 2025 Encore cruise.

My point was I do not understand why they would not sell them instead of just letting everyone use them on a first come basis on the Joy. 

21 hours ago, vacation44 said:

They did raise the prices of the cabanas recently and they are still for sale on other ships.   We currently have a cabana reserved on the Viva for February 2025 and I can reserve one for our June 2025 Encore cruise.

My point was I do not understand why they would not sell them instead of just letting everyone use them on a first come basis on the Joy. 

So when do you have access to reserve a cabana, only after you purchase the Vibe pass I assume? Are they rented per day or for the week? 

35 minutes ago, scgssny said:

So when do you have access to reserve a cabana, only after you purchase the Vibe pass I assume? Are they rented per day or for the week? 

The process to book them is the same as securing a Vibe pass--online, the NCL App or phone call.  Our PCC secured a cabana for our Viva cruise instead of two Vibe passes for next year.   You can buy it online too, but then it would have to be paid for immediately instead of with final payment.

They are rented out for the week.  You are assigned one and that one is for your exclusive use for the week.

On 2/26/2024 at 6:06 PM, KyleDefends said:

Hmmm, I am on Joy March 16 and I called yesterday and was told the week long pass would be $249 per person. But no daily rates were available. 

So it appears that what another poster stated has validity; the price is based on anticipated demand.

7 hours ago, vacation44 said:

The process to book them is the same as securing a Vibe pass--online, the NCL App or phone call.  Our PCC secured a cabana for our Viva cruise instead of two Vibe passes for next year.   You can buy it online too, but then it would have to be paid for immediately instead of with final payment.

They are rented out for the week.  You are assigned one and that one is for your exclusive use for the week.

As Joy is just out  of rehab things are not operating as on other ships. They are not taking online reservations for thermal suite or Vibe. We did get Vibe passes for March 9 a year ago. But they are not offering either of these to pre-book for at least a month.

Price is set at 249 for Vibe, 299 for Thermal suite.

1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Applies to Joy only as of2/28 for "the next month or so"

Vibe Cabanas are available on board only, 650 for the week.

Thermal Spa the same-only available to book on board. 299 per week or 80/day .

How many people is that for two? If we are sailing with two other friends and they just buy the Vibe pass I assume that we can share with them...unless the cabana police are going to be out 🙂