Issue with medallion ordering

mahasamatman

I'm checking in for an upcoming cruise and having trouble with the medallion ordering.

I selected the "ship to me" option just to see how much the shipping would be. Now that I've seen the price, it won't let me go back to "pick up at port" no matter what I do. And somehow in the midst of all this, the order now shows a total of three medallions - two for me and one for my wife. There appears to be no way to remove anything from the order or to start the order anew. As the interface indicates the shipping charges are non-refundable, I don't want to tempt fate by confirming the order then canceling it.

The same issue exists on the old app, the new app, and the website, so it appears to be a back-end issue.

Does anyone else have experience with this issue or know how to reset the medallion ordering status?

19 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

As stated in the OP, it's not an app issue. I have the same problem with the website.

You are in Canada?  Princess would not ship to me in Victoria.

To fix the issue is easy- use the phone.  I give the website ONE attempt.  Then call customer service (same for all cruise lines) and have them fill in the data.

Found far less stressful to pick up my Medallion at the pier.  Took under 30 extra seconds and did not stress over ordering or a late delivery. 

22 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

You're credit card on file will not be charged until it ships so if you order it then cancel your card should not be charged.

I went ahead and placed the order, and now it won't even give me the option to cancel. My medallion orders for our other two trips are also messed up. I guess I have to call and have them cancel all of our outstanding orders. I won't even bother any more since we're planning on picking up at the port, which is the default if you don't do anything.

Yes you can delete the order in the app I assume you have the new one.  Go to travel info tap on order medallion then order history next page tap on in progress is in blue print then next page is your order summary scroll down to end and tap cancel order.  Hopefully you will have success.

The only way I could cancel my incorrect medallion order (they charged me $10 when it should have been free shipping) was to call Princess 800-

And even by working with them, I had to call twice and cancel the order 3 times.  It wasn't until the second call did the agent really know what he was doing.  He insisted that I "trust" him.  HE cancelled all orders, place the order under Passenger 2, and it is done (crossing my fingers).

I have the updated app.  No where was there a cancellation button my my iphone app.  YET...my friend on a different cruise and Android, had a button....

2 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

I went ahead and placed the order, and now it won't even give me the option to cancel. My medallion orders for our other two trips are also messed up. I guess I have to call and have them cancel all of our outstanding orders. I won't even bother any more since we're planning on picking up at the port, which is the default if you don't do anything.

47 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

Yes you can delete the order in the app I assume you have the new one.  Go to travel info tap on order medallion then order history next page tap on in progress is in blue print then next page is your order summary scroll down to end and tap cancel order.  Hopefully you will have success.