LIVE! Jubilee Jaunt  3/2-3/9 Big Family Fun—Let’s Cruise!

6 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

well I haven’t seen them open yet—good question I will try to find out!

Sounds like it’s probably still broken. I remember hearing something about a 3-week repair estimate but that was almost two months ago.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My vegan friend is THRILLED  they have vegan cheese for the pizza now at Coastal Slice and not only that, but they are very thoughtful and trained on no contaminaton while cooking.

also including photo of the Vegan Chicken Parm from Cucina

IMG_1277.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_1273.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Dinner was great!  Rudi’s has been exceptional at all 3 ships we’ve dined there.  I had the tuna with kimchi sauce and watermelon, the Ciaopinno and the broiled lobster tails (which were huge!). Finished with bread pudding.  

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_1603.jpeg

IMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

How did you like Rudi’s compared to Fahrenheit? Trying to decide on which specialty restaurant we want to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, atakkat said:

How did you like Rudi’s compared to Fahrenheit? Trying to decide on which specialty restaurant we want to do.

@atakkat I’m a big Rudi’s fan.  Haven’t done Fahrenheit yet on Excel class BUT we have reservations Thursday night so I can give you a direct comparison after! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Dinner right at 5:40–no wait.

had a beautiful table right by the windows and I really enjoyed my new cruisers getting into “Showtime”

Did a terrible job of photos and menus ,cause I had been drinking LOL.  I had the BBQ beef spring rolls, shrimp poke and eggplant Parmesan.  Good proper eggplant parm!  And delicious banana cream

pie for desert!

Hubby had the bronze bass fish (emeril) with grits and the Emeril’ salad.  

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Back to Dr Inks after dinner where we had seats this time!  Still no smoker, but we had our favorite bartender who knows what we like and how we like it—Dajana. The kids had two N/A bubble drinks—so fun!

Carnivale parade went right by us!

Then to Punchliner for the iver 18 DJ Cooch who was hilarious!

No we are seated WAY back for Rio show.  The wages of the sun of seeing comedy first.

IMG_1724.jpeg

IMG_1733.jpeg

IMG_1735.png

IMG_1736.png

IMG_1737.png

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 8

On 3/3/2024 at 6:29 PM, TravelBluebird said:

We’ve been at Dr Ink’s since 5 in LIVE with the SeaHorse  Glide.  On my 2nd one and kinda drunk and about to cry during the beautiful Alleluia rendition by our violinists 

IMG_1556.jpeg

And there's Dajana.  She was at the Alchemy Bar when I was on the Vista in 2022.  GREAT personality.

• Like 2

I'm so happy I found your live! I can't tell you how much I love your writing style. I swear some people just use these things to do nothing but complain, but your positive demeanor is so refreshing, keep it up!  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

My vegan friend is THRILLED  they have vegan cheese for the pizza now at Coastal Slice and not only that, but they are very thoughtful and trained on no contaminaton while cooking.

also including photo of the Vegan Chicken Parm from Cucina

IMG_1277.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_1273.jpeg

Vegan chicken parm? What's the chicken made out of?...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, TravelBluebird said:
  1. 3. My Platinum cruise! Yep, I’m just now Platinum, as I sail with many cruise lines. But for Fun in the Sun, Carnival is my favorite. FREE LAUNDRY! 😀

What do you mean by FREE LAUNDRY?

• Like 1

What do you mean by FREE LAUNDRY?

Platinum perk, you can have your laundry done (I believe its 3 bags per platinum person) by filling the laundry bags in your cabin, no charge.  One of my favorite perks for my family for sure.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Been out all day in Roatan! 

Got an espresso around 9:30 at Java Blue-everyone had left the ship but me Andes the other guy in the VERY short line!

worked on a bit of a video feature with my new DJI mini pocket 3 camera at the port.

Then have been on the Discover Roatan 11am tour.  Only 15 people!

LOVED it have interacted with sloths, monkeys and iguanas. A few photos still on tour-more to follow!

IMG_1317.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1322.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

I'm so happy I found your live! I can't tell you how much I love your writing style. I swear some people just use these things to do nothing but complain, but your positive demeanor is so refreshing, keep it up!  

Thank you!  I’ve been told I have a generally sunny personality, but I don’t know any different and I can’t imagine being any other way!

One thing DID make me a tad cranky last night.  At 1:30 AM engineering came to our room to “fix our air conditioner”. Said we had called down that it was broken.  Well we did NOT—our air conditioner was working fine and the knocking woke my husband up.

Thankfully, I was still up because I was eating my midnight pizza.  I would like to have an explanation as to what happened. I assume someone had called for a fixed air conditioner, but gave them the wrong room.

so see, I’m not ALL SUNSHINE!  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

At street Eats having the Shu Mai then the muffalatta fries.  YUM!

shu Mai was superb.  Muffalatta Fries good but not my favorite 

scuba Divers on their way back evidently they had an excellent dive

IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1966.jpeg

IMG_1969.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 6

Everyone is back to the ship.

Husband saw 4 eagle rays in formation on his scuba dive—he says that is rare and way cool. Saw some lobsters, favorite fish was a school of vibrant blue fish. Most of what he saw was at 30 feet although he went down to 60.  Used West Bay company which he highly recommends. We had 6 divers in the group!

Going to try for Cucina at 7 for dinner. Some people heading off to Family Feud; I’m not sure what I’ll do yet. There were 65 “teams” that auditioned for Feud this trip—lots of competition!

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

One thing I REALLY liked about getting to interact with the wildlife today was that we. were able to take any photos we wanted, and there was no “official photographer” you have to buy photos from (like in Australia with koalas) or having to sit in one place like in Dominican Republic with the spider monkeys—made it hard for my friend and I to get photos of each other, so we ended up buying the souvenir photos.

I also like that it seems that the two venues today take good care of the animals—their sloths are rescued, from traffickers; some are abused and malnourished when they get them. They have big trees for the sloths to hang out in when they are not interacting with the tourists.

The iguanas evidently are hunted for meat and eggs on Roatan and are becoming endangered, The iguana refuge has over 3,000 iguanas that they are helping to protect,

Also, the sloth/monkey venue has 4 darling formerly feral cats that they have spayed and neutered and taken care of. Which I love.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_2004.png

IMG_1931.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Thank you!  I’ve been told I have a generally sunny personality, but I don’t know any different and I can’t imagine being any other way!

One thing DID make me a tad cranky last night.  At 1:30 AM engineering came to our room to “fix our air conditioner”. Said we had called down that it was broken.  Well we did NOT—our air conditioner was working fine and the knocking woke my husband up.

Thankfully, I was still up because I was eating my midnight pizza.  I would like to have an explanation as to what happened. I assume someone had called for a fixed air conditioner, but gave them the wrong room.

so see, I’m not ALL SUNSHINE!  😂

A family prank?