Crown Grill New Menu?

Posted (edited)

The Butcher’s Block by Dario, located on deck 9 of the new Sun Princess, comes to life as a specialty impromptu experience featuring a large shared, family-style table serving up a carnivore’s paradise. This specialty dining experience promises to grill up perfectly prepared beef and steak, including Cecchini’s signature cuts.

In addition, the cruise line’s signature steakhouse, Crown Grill, will feature a refined upscale menu designed by Cecchini. The menu proudly features the highly coveted “Bistecca Alla Fiorentina,” a distinctive Florentine Steak prepared with the bone, sourced directly from the prestigious Antica Macelleria Cecchini butcher shop in Panzano.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2023/10/princess-cruises-announces-exclusive-partnership-with-worlds-most-famous-butcher-dario-cecchini.html

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

Maybe the Italian sourced Florentine steak will be better than the 1/2 " thick Texas Nolan Ryan sourced Fillet Mignon I had  at Crown grill on the Regal last week. That is just wrong .

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

Maybe the Italian sourced Florentine steak will be better than the 1/2 " thick Texas Nolan Ryan sourced Fillet Mignon I had  at Crown grill on the Regal last week. That is just wrong .

Express cut?

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Higher prices incoming

The specialty restaurants on the Sun is now $45 I wouldn’t doubt if they raise the prices across the fleet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Crown Grill is showing as $63.00/person on the new app.  I wonder if the 18% service charge is now included in this price or are they still charging it on top of it.  Either way, we won't be booking it at this price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, sabookkeeper said:

The Crown Grill is showing as $63.00/person on the new app.  I wonder if the 18% service charge is now included in this price or are they still charging it on top of it.  Either way, we won't be booking it at this price.

What sort of dollars are those?  Mine shows $39 US, plus 18%.

11 minutes ago, 57eric said:

What sort of dollars are those?  Mine shows $39 US, plus 18%.

Which would come to about $44 not $63. Are we talking AUD ?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 57eric said:

What sort of dollars are those?

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Are we talking AUD ?

Look at the poster's profile. That should give you a good idea...

Edited by mahasamatman

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Look at the poster's profile. That should give you a good idea...

Where they live really tells me nothing anyone can cruise in any area. The itinerary is what would count. I have found many Aussies on US cruises and other US people on Australian cruises. 

Edited by memoak

Think the $63 is AUD  . That was the charge for Crown Grill on Royal Princess NZ cruise last month. And all the bar prices, so presume specialty restaurant prices , include the gratuity/service charge

Interesting !

Why was the Florentine steak banned?

In the wake of the outbreak of Mad Cow Disease, the EU banned the sale of the Bistecca alla Fiorentina, prohibiting cuts from cows over 12 months old (the Fiorentinacomes from cows of around 18 months) and which had the bone still attached. The Italians however—ever able to interpret laws as mere guidelines—improvised

I received a question, on a different thread, as to whether there is a difference between The Crown Grill and The Butcher’s Block, since Princess put out a news release last October insinuating that Dario was revamping the Crown Grill’s menu.  I had dinner in the Crown Grill this evening, and spoke with the venue manager about this.

Here is the Princess release from last October;  In addition, the cruise line’s signature steakhouse, Crown Grill, will feature a refined upscale menu designed by Cecchini. The menu proudly features the highly coveted "Bistecca Alla Fiorentina," a distinctive Florentine Steak prepared with the bone, sourced directly from the prestigious Antica Macelleria Cecchini butcher shop in Panzano.

I was told that the menu in the Crown Grill has not changed, and is similar to its counterparts on the rest of the fleet.  What has changed on the Sun, is the experiential “Chef’s Dinner” within the Crown Grill.  On the Sun it will be called “Chef’s Dinner By Dario” and it will include his special cuts of meat, similar to that served in the Butcher’s Block.  

In other words, in order to get Dario’s special meat (other than at the Butcher’s Block”), you have to sign up for the experiential “Chef’s Dinner By Dario” in the Crown Grill.  This hasn’t been offered on the first sailing, and he didn’t know what the price would be yet.