Retreat Price Drop Alert - Eclipse to Bermuda

RichYak

I just booked a sky suite for under $1700 pp going to Bermuda in July! I've been wanting to go to Bermuda, and I prefer the S-Class ships, so looking forward to this one!

I'm coming up from the DC area. Debating about train to Newark and then ride share to port or if I just want to drive up and park. Likely cost will be about the same unless I can hit a good Amtrak sale.

On 3/3/2024 at 9:09 AM, hcat said:

We love  Bermuda but driving to the port from Long Island, NY is a challenge.  Bayonne  (Cape Liberty) is  not our fav port to sail from ...other than the Sailaway views of 9-11 Teardrop Memorial, Statue of Liberty, and the Bridge.  Guess it's a tradeoff!

Still thinking about it!

Take the Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station in Manhattan and then Uber to Bayonne.

9 hours ago, CruisinKikster said:

I just booked a sky suite for under $1700 pp going to Bermuda in July! I've been wanting to go to Bermuda, and I prefer the S-Class ships, so looking forward to this one!

I'm coming up from the DC area. Debating about train to Newark and then ride share to port or if I just want to drive up and park. Likely cost will be about the same unless I can hit a good Amtrak sale.

Great price but loaded with kids in July

2 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Great price but loaded with kids in July

Since I usually cruise the Caribbean during Thanksgiving on Celebrity, I'm used to it. And it's not as bad as other cruise lines. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Take the Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station in Manhattan and then Uber to Bayonne.

As a long time LIRR on Babylon branch, no way I want to schlep bags on LIRR & carry bags up steps when elevator at Penn don't work. Plus there's some parts you just need to use the escalator & that's hard with Luggage  Also  Driving easier although parking $30 day. It's the luggage that makes the schlepping harder!

I checked our cruise July 7 & no fares at that price! Our cruise seems to be almost sold out - guarantee only available & a lot higher than what we paid. What cruise date was the sale for? Also the upgrade to premium beverage pkg increased by $2 PP Per day! I booked when it was lower.

12 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

I checked our cruise July 7 & no fares at that price! Our cruise seems to be almost sold out - guarantee only available & a lot higher than what we paid. What cruise date was the sale for? Also the upgrade to premium beverage pkg increased by $2 PP Per day! I booked when it was lower.

There are 0 sky suites, 7 Sunset Sky Suites and 5 Aqua Sky Suites available for your sailing. A sky suite guarantee fare would be a good gamble right now. Hard to imagine the current guarantee fare is "a lot higher" than what you paid given this chart.

eclipse2.JPG

• Like 1

On our July 7 sailing, the suite is 6G- considerably much more expensive than our balcony. I'll keep watching though. Most other category is guarantee. We have a fixed cabin number.

7 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

On our July 7 sailing, the suite is 6G- considerably much more expensive than our balcony. I'll keep watching though. Most other category is guarantee. We have a fixed cabin number.

One of us is missing something. This thread is about price drops in Retreat cabins.

I understand- that's why I looked to see what the price would be for me to upgrade to retreat. It was double the cost we paid for our balcony so we are just keeping what we have. I would have liked an upgrade! Something we are used to at the Marriott as my husband is lifetime Titanium. One day.....

23 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

As a long time LIRR on Babylon branch, no way I want to schlep bags on LIRR & carry bags up steps when elevator at Penn don't work. Plus there's some parts you just need to use the escalator & that's hard with Luggage  Also  Driving easier although parking $30 day. It's the luggage that makes the schlepping harder!

Ahh . . . you are correct that it totally depends on your luggage.  We usually cruise in Europe and many of the train stations there make Penn look like a piece of cake, lol.  Hence we only bring one carry-on and a backpack which, of course, is no issue on escalators or trains.  We are two retired adults so, of course, if you've got kids with you that is not going to work.

• Like 1

We travel to Europe also but don't believe in the Rick Steves view of carryon baggage only. We do just fine with our Eagle Creek bags, PacSafe backpacks & bags. Has worked fine for us for years. Not changing anything. I always carry a change of clothes also after the airlines lost our baggage in  Cuzco Peru for 5 days! 

On 3/3/2024 at 1:39 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, my screen name? Been this way for years(and years)......I have been on CC for 20 years....I have used my name for maybe all of them but 1. When I first logged in I think I used my initials but I asked the moderator to change it.

Who was asking about me?

I changed cruiselines in 2017.

I remember reading alot of your posts early on. What cruise lines did you switch to? We are thinking of trying another line....oceania, silver seas etc. 

12 minutes ago, H2OH! said:

I remember reading alot of your posts early on. What cruise lines did you switch to? We are thinking of trying another line....oceania, silver seas etc. 

Good morning, I have been cruising with Silversea.  I also had 1 cruise with Azamara and I also took a couple of river cruises on 2 different lines....one with AMA Waterways and the other on Uniworld. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 9:25 PM, catspaw1 said:

I got my fare for July 21. 

I think those $1700 fares are pretty damned good and were available for a few different dates.  Alas, DW says 'no Bermuda this year' given our summer is already fully spoken for.   Drat, foiled again.

• Haha 2