Neptune Suite Complimentary Champagne

We don't drink champagne and would prefer a bottle of wine.  Can that be exchanged?  If not would it be improper to bring the bottle to the main dinning room to share with other at the table?

I don’t know if it could be exchanged (I’ve never been in a Neptune) but I have brought bottles to the table to share. One was a nice wine from a shore excursion and one was a bottle of champagne I won on the ship. I brought it to the dining room manager and asked if they could exchange it for a cold one at our table that evening. My table was very happy, and so was I since I can’t drink a whole bottle myself before it loses fizz. 

• Like 2

They have always exchanged it for me - if they don’t do you drink mimosas?  

It’s just a sparkling wine - not a true champagne but it’s drinkable in a mimosa.

1. Yes, they will exchange the bottle for you. Ask your room steward or the concierge in the Neptune Lounge.

2. I also like the idea of bringing the bubbly to dinner to chare with table mates! What a great way to begin new friendships!

The sparkling wine that HAL provides in the Neptune Suites can best be held  onto for the clearing of clogged drains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The last two times we have been in a Neptune, on the Noordam in July and the Zuiderdam in January, the Neptune Lounge attendant has exchanged the sparkling wine for sauvignon blanc, favored by DW. On the latter occasion the lounge attendant said he had to consult with the cellarmaster, but it went through without a hitch. And we did bring it to dinner in the Lido as we rarely use the dining room. Although the Lido will hold a bottle for you, we preferred to keep the bottle ourselves as they did not refrigerate it.

Edited by Wehwalt

26 minutes ago, REOVA said:

"Today's Gallo...All the best a wine can be"

Gallo is a huge family of wines, of all sorts of quality levels. It includes J, whose champagnes go for $30-60 per bottle, and are very good.

• Like 1

Just now, CruiserBruce said:

Gallo is a huge family of wines, of all sorts of quality levels.

Yes there were about a dozen heirs when Ernest and Julio passed. I was quoting their '80s tagline in the commercials (with their music) as I haven't had it since then. 

30 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Gallo is a huge family of wines, of all sorts of quality levels. It includes J, whose champagnes go for $30-60 per bottle, and are very good.

Not in my eyes, but I am from Napa, not Sonoma..

gallo-family-wine-brands-jpg.thumb.jpg.be167f202bbdf2ba229d39c860149e09.jpg

I wonder if they will exchange it for something non-alcoholic?  We don't drink and don't have the drink package as we find we don't drink enough or take Holland excursions to pay the extra cost.