The Good Old Days!

I enjoyed a lovely visit with my mom today and she presented me with some things she wanted me to have. Included was this treasure trove of ephemera  from a 1986 cruise on the original MARDI GRAS.  It’s so sweet she kept it all these years.  In those days Carnival presented every passenger with a beautiful water color print of the ship, and the daily program was called Carnival Capers.  Chocolates on the pillow every night at turndown too. Those were the days!

My first Carnival cruise was actually on the FESTIVALE in 1982 but I remember this MARDI GRAS cruise in 1986 well.  

Fond fond memories of a bygone era.   

IMG_8872.jpeg

IMG_8873.jpeg

• Like 16

Thanks for sharing, I love all the memories of things really not that long ago. I saved some of my capers and luggage tags from my first cruise in2007. Fun to look at.

• Like 1

My 1st cruise was on the Festivale in Oct 1982-  we had a blast!!!!! I still have my Carnival Capers (in my scrapbook) along with the 400 pics that were taken by my friends and me!!! Back in 1982, the officers got off duty at midnight and would show up in the disco- we got little or no sleep the whole wk!!! 

• Like 2

Carnival wasn’t so “family friendly” back then, yet I don’t recall the bad behavior, fights, etc that you see on Carnival today, nor the need for a large security force.  Different times.