Canadians unable to see pricing?

Perky1

12 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

You can access Princess pricing using a big box TA website.

But you can’t access deluxe balcony and premium balcony pricing.  That is what I am interested in.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dog said:

I can’t get past we apologize.

I don't actually want to price anything but not being able to do so definitely helps me understand the state of FOMO.

There's quite a bit of bizarre behavior going right now for sure. In addition to not being able to see pricing, as soon as the the "We apologize..." banner appears, I'm instantly logged out at the same time. Also, When viewing our three existing bookings, and when I click on the huge "Upgrade Now" button, it no longer shows the available upgrade with the option to select the Plus-to-Premier upgrade at $20/pp, instead it simply shows me what we have booked but does not allow the upgrade as it used to. Looks like they're doing some re-works to the site but using us customers as beta testers in the live environment instead of making these changes off line.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have no problems this morning except, I notice a “huge price increase” on are upcoming cruise. This has to be a mistake. Glad I booked last year. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

I repeated my testing of yesterday.  I checked fares on Princess.com when logged in (CAD) and not logged in (USD).  I also went back to the Canadian vacations site and checked pricing and also to one of my preferred US agencies.

Something is still wrong with Princess.com.  I think it is also affecting at least some US pricing.  I have never seen the agency booking engine not have the same pricing in one of their options that doesn't match with the default option Princess.com shows - save and except for a past booking/pricing bug. 

Again, I used Enchanted for March 10, 2025.  I also took a quick look at another Enchanted voyage in Winter 2025 with same effect.

Princess.com is offering IA at $1,220 USD and IB at $1,110 USD.  Port taxes are at $199.39. 

In CAD on Princess.com, the IA is $1,713.15 and the IB at $1,564.65.  Port tax is $269.17 - which is at the 1.35 conversion rate.  However the cruise fares indicate 1.40 min conversion.  Actually, the effective conversion rate on the base fare is even higher because the non-commission fare (NCCF) portion is $270 USD or $364.50 CAD at 1.35. 

Using the US agency booking engine, the same fare indicates $1,286 USD for the IA with $224.39 in port taxes.  Note how these USD fares are higher than Princess.com quotes.  When I check the Canadian travel provider, the fare is $1,736.15, with port taxes of $302.92.  Both values work out to the prevailing 1.35 conversion rate we have had for a long time now.  However, neither USD nor CAD match to Princess.com.  Strange indeed.  (No, this is not due to using different Fare Codes).

IDK what is going on exactly, but buyer beware for certain if you are in Canada.  Make sure you are not getting over-charged in CAD.  Or, book in USD like I do.  Perhaps things got whacked when implementing the recent sales promo change - it would not be the first time.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Again, I used Enchanted for March 20, 2025.  I also took a quick look at another Enchanted voyage in Winter 2025 with same effect.

Correction to voyage date.