Espresso/Chocolate Martini

Ditto like the others, I can absolutely confirm they are covered on Cheers because I get several of each any time I cruise, but I cannot advise on prices because I always have Cheers and never look.

One piece of advice....both are favorites of mine and I drink plenty of each, but both of these specific drinks VARY SINGIFICANTLY at one bar to the next, so if you don't enjoy at one bar don't write off the drink completely, and just try one again at a different bar another time.

• Like 2

Alchemy bar is a step above any other bar on the ship and all their drinks are well done so you can't go wrong there. 

But I've have good ones elsewhere, I think it comes down to the bartender and also a bar that has real expresso verses a bar without expresso and they use some odd expresso replacement. 

Worst ones seem to be in the MDR but that could just be a coincidence IDK. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

Alchemy bar is a step above any other bar on the ship and all their drinks are well done so you can't go wrong there. 

But I've have good ones elsewhere, I think it comes down to the bartender and also a bar that has real expresso verses a bar without expresso and they use some odd expresso replacement. 

Worst ones seem to be in the MDR but that could just be a coincidence IDK. 

I would second Alchemy, they never disappoint.

• Like 3

Love both chocolate and espresso.... I also love Tiramisu Martini!  And always have cheers........ agree alchemy mixologists make fantastic drinks with any flavors you want, not just what is listed on their menu...........

Since Venezia was mentioned it's worth mentioning at Frizzante on that ship they have several espresso martinis that aren't on other ships. I also noticed their prices are about $1 more per drink than Jubilee. And in Mobile I noticed Spirit drink prices were about 50 cents above Jubilee for whatever reason. Of course if they go the Alchemy route it would cost a little more than other bars. $14 per drink there where it would be about $12-12.50 at other bars on Jubilee.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

Hmmm, why did the VIFP Benefit pay only $11 of the $12 drink?

Fine print.  "Complimentary drink may be specialty coffee, soda or alcoholic beverage with a value no greater than $10.00 + gratuity. Redeemable at any bar on the last evening of the cruise after 5 p.m. Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed by adults of applicable legal drinking age." (Maybe it's been raised to $11 though.)

• Like 2

The best espresso martini will be at a bar with an espresso machine for a fresh pull. It seems like 99% of the bars on the Venezia have an espresso machine.

And if you have Cheers - always remember to ask for top shelf liquor, if you ask for a gin martini they likely are making it with the well stuff unless you specify. 

• Like 1

Not all bars have espresso - if you have the package you can get a shot of expresso at coffee bar and go over to any bar and they will make one for you - I remember doing that on some of the ships  - might have been horizon which alchemy bar didn’t have the espresso machine. 

• Like 1