LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

I mentioned yesterday that I wasn’t overly impressed with the pizza on Lido. Today I tried the “new concept” pizza outside on Promenade Deck 9. It is excellent! Thicker, tons of cheese, and far more flavorful than the Lido pizza. I went back and told the chef I liked it better, and he lit up. Said “please comment about that, this is a new concept Princess is trying.”

IMG_2524.thumb.jpeg.4a096b306f7860b8981ce5aea9439040.jpeg

IMG_2523.mov 24.42 MB · 15 downloads  

The proper way to cut pizza!  Yes I'm originally from Chicago 😄

• Like 1

That aft terrace infinity pool looks amazing!!!  But am I the only one wishing that front panel weren't see-thru glass...  I would look like a floating blubber blowfish in there!!!  Hahahaha!!!

How deep is that pool????  I wonder if could even touch the bottom with my face above water???

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

I mentioned yesterday that I wasn’t overly impressed with the pizza on Lido. Today I tried the “new concept” pizza outside on Promenade Deck 9. It is excellent! Thicker, tons of cheese, and far more flavorful than the Lido pizza. I went back and told the chef I liked it better, and he lit up. Said “please comment about that, this is a new concept Princess is trying.”

IMG_2523.mov 24.42 MB · 20 downloads  

That looks tasty.

I have to say, Princess hit a home run with the bathrooms on this ship. I can’t brush my teeth while sitting on the toilet anymore, but I’m happy to suffer through that 🤣. The shower is fantastic. It’s huge, has great water pressure, and actually has a usable range of temperature, from hot to cold!

• Like 18

We went to the early show of the comedian, Tony Daro, at Princess Live. I’m much happier with this venue, now that’s it’s like Explorers. The comedian, however, wasn’t that great. The first half of his show was old tired jokes about travel that we’ve all heard a hundred times. He did get better at the end though. The stars of the show were the newlywed couple from Australia that ended up being his targets. They met on Tinder which was initiated some actually funny stuff. 

IMG_2618.thumb.jpeg.8fc446dcf17d38c2bb050de25b6f5929.jpeg

IMG_2619.thumb.jpeg.c4afbe4888bdbef4246f3eaac0ded178.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Very interesting. So, are there instructions to that fact for folks outside the elevator?

TIA

Assuming that people will actually READ the instructions?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 3/9/2024 at 9:30 AM, cbfb said:

I know this is a strange question but it looks like you are close to our November cabin 14433. It’s a deluxe at the begining if the sohere aft.  Can you tell if those balconies are obstructed? Some of the outside photos of the ship look like they might be. 

I second the motion since we also have this cabin booked for the future!  👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

IMG_2523.mov 24.42 MB · 26 downloads  

Is the soft serve free at this location on deck 9?

11 minutes ago, dashulak said:

I second the motion since we also have this cabin booked for the future!  👍

Too funny!!! When is your cruise? 

13 minutes ago, dashulak said:

Not too far in the future — we embark in 8 days!  LOL  How about you?

Oh nice!!! I’m so jealous! We aren’t going until November. We will be in the Carribean but next year we are going on our first Med cruise. Have the best time! 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

Happened to me on Enchanted… Everything was amazing until I ordered a “soy” latte to my room 🥲 Some fun few days afterwards.

Now I always order in person and never lose sight of the type of milk they’re pouring.

That’s awful that that happened to you. It’s terrible having a food allergy, isn’t it? I wonder what will happen when someone dies from a food allergy because they did not call in and speak to someone on the phone due to the $5.00 charge? But that’s OK… They’ll make sure you’re safe if you purchase a package.

@CanadianBurger sorry to interrupt your thread.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

5 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Catching up a bit…

Had a late breakfast at the American Diner (Horizons Deck 8). To answer someone’s question, yes, it’s open on port days. Not busy at all, the omelette was excellent, and the bacon was crispy.

IMG_2510.thumb.jpeg.0588ca9d24eae745035946b4706e99bc.jpeg

IMG_2512.thumb.jpeg.24bb58928c3344eab5c4bd82c2c5cf66.jpeg

It may sound silly to some, but this makes me really happy so thank you for sharing this. I love breakfast for dinner. I can see me ordering this (minus the dairy) several times.

5 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Catching up a bit…

Had a late breakfast at the American Diner (Horizons Deck 8). To answer someone’s question, yes, it’s open on port days. Not busy at all, the omelette was excellent, and the bacon was crispy.

IMG_2510.thumb.jpeg.0588ca9d24eae745035946b4706e99bc.jpeg

I’ve never had Hash. Do you know the difference between the two types of Hash on the menu? 

20 hours ago, mrell345 said:

Is there a venue that replaces or is similar to Vines?

I spoke to the sommelier in the reserve dining room. She’s also disappointed there isn’t a place like Vines on the Sun, and said if you want higher-end wines by the glass, the dining room is your best bet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Very interesting. So, are there instructions to that fact for folks outside the elevator?

TIA

You can get instructions on the panel, but there’s nothing there about number of people. I was assuming, based on how Kone smart elevators work in office buildings. But we all know what happens when we assume…

IMG_2526.thumb.jpeg.af98e5431eec6b362ca396e945d2f762.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

You can get instructions on the panel, but there’s nothing there about number of people. I was assuming, based on how Kone smart elevators work in office buildings. But we all know what happens when we assume…

IMG_2526.thumb.jpeg.af98e5431eec6b362ca396e945d2f762.jpeg

Lol.  I can see me push deck 11, four times for our party of 4 and every one staring at me!  😂

Thank you for your “great” review!  Appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Lol.  I can see me push deck 11, four times for our party of 4 and every one staring at me!  😂

Thank you for your “great” review!  Appreciate it.

So, as a party of 4, is it possible/probable that you may each be sent to different elevators?

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:24 PM, dides said:

@Jemnibabe02  You asked about accessible spaces in the old Sun Princess thread - I think this shows at least one specific area at the top of the arena where you have a companion seat in front of that glass screen

There are also some spaces in the front row for wheelchairs. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting tale for dinner tonight. We went to the Reserve dining room around 7:20. There must have been forty people in line. Queuing for dining is one of my pet peeves on a ship, so we looked for options. Turns out, we still had our 7:30 “classic” dining reservations at Horizon Deck 6 from before we got the cabin upgrade. Headed down there, and waited only 3-4 minutes for a table. But we saw a massive queue for anytime dining on Horizons Deck 7 that went past the elevator lobby, around the corner, and down the hall. 

My wife only lasted five minutes after we were seated. I don’t know if it was being so far aft combined with the wind and seas, but the excessive rolling side-to-side motion was enough to overcome both bonine and her sea wristbands. We had to leave before she became ill. It did look beautiful. Sorry, I didn’t get a pic of the menu there. 

IMG_2620.thumb.jpeg.d29b1b4a3c6d6c14bb448876641f0c22.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2