Live Review, MSC Seashore - March 14-17

Stealthdog

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Stealthdog! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Stealthdog was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hey cruise friends!

We are leaving tomorrow for a quick 3 night cruise on the MSC Seashore out of Port Canaveral.  This is our first time on MSC, and our shortest cruise we have taken, so really looking forward to a new experience.  I saw most of the recent reviews of the Seashore was for the Yacht Club.  We are in a regular (deluxe) balcony on the 12th deck, so this will focus on the non-yacht club experience.

This is our first sailing of the year.  Last year we did a Majestic Princess Cruise Tour to Alaska and Denali National Park in June and a back-to-back on the NCL Escape and December.  We are still finalizing our travel for July and December this year.  

I did the status-match for MSC before COVID hit because we were going to check it out, but COVID ruined all those plans.  Was surprised to see the status level still there - Silver.  We have the Easy Plus Drink and Browse 1-Device packages that came with the booking, so not seeing anything in status of interest except the $50 OBC (will be curious to see if this hits the account).  But the status-match was a nice gesture from MSC.

We typically go mostly to specialty dining restaurants on cruises because we don't like the MDR or buffet much (for different reasons).  But, because we are traveling with the large group, we will be checking out both the MDR and buffet this cruise on the Seashore.  

The itinerary for this sailing is:

Day 1 - Port Canaveral

Day 2 - Nassau

Day 3 - Ocean Cay

Day 4 - Port Canaveral

We have been to Nassau several times on cruises and a couple of times on land trips to Paradise Island, so we don't anticipate getting of the ship in Nassau.  We haven't been to Ocean Cay before and I love the private islands, so we will probably spend most of Day 3 off the ship. 

For tomorrow, we got an 1130 check-in time at Port Canaveral, so we will be leaving Orlando around 1000, which should get us to the parking garage a little after 1100.  

I'll post some things when we get to the port tomorrow and then start my live review throughout the day, assuming there are no hiccups with the wifi/internet package.  

If anyone has any questions or want me to check something out, go ahead and post away and I'll do my best to track down answers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're taking this same cruise this summer and would love it if you could look up what the current craft beer options are.

I don't have high hopes based on previous posts on here, but if you can post the latest menu from the Sports Bar once on-board, I would be grateful.

• Like 1

We are also taking this cruise, the 4 day one this summer with son, daughter in law and grandkids in two connecting regular cabins so very interested in following your review!

Excited about the private Island!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squigglydownunder said:

We're taking this same cruise this summer and would love it if you could look up what the current craft beer options are.

I don't have high hopes based on previous posts on here, but if you can post the latest menu from the Sports Bar once on-board, I would be grateful.

I’m on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are doing the same 3 day cruise on March 28th.  Would love to know if there are any special nights (white night etc.)  Enjoy!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, squigglydownunder said:

Hi.... please, post Daily planner too

and, if possible, tell what's possible to watch at Sports bar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alserrod said:

and, if possible, tell what's possible to watch at Sports bar

This exactly. Hopefully on our cruise in 17 days for my kid’s sake a lot of soccer and Final-4 NCAA hoops our last sea day. Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, itstime said:

We are doing the same 3 day cruise on March 28th.  Would love to know if there are any special nights (white night etc.)  Enjoy!!

I’m up and ready to go!  Guess I’ll clean the refrigerator and take out the trash while I wait for Eric to get up.

The cruise director (Endrigo) posts the theme nights on the Seashore Facebook page.  If you haven’t signed up to it, may be worth it.  It looks like he posts the theme nights in advance monthly.  

For us it is some kind of Glow Party, White Party, and 70s-80s/Flower Party.  I’ll post the daily’s so you can see what times they start and what specific nights they are.  Your cruise in March should have the same nights and order as our based on Endrigo’s Facebook posts. 

edit - here is a screen shot for March theme nights. 

IMG_0459.png

Edited by Stealthdog

Posted (edited)

And we are onboard already.  Getting on board was a breeze - will post info about that later.  First stop, obligatory first drink on board - Mimosa!!!

IMG_0463.jpeg

IMG_0467.jpeg

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Are "cocktail of the day" included in

Easy pack

Easy plus pack

...?

Good question. It looks like the Ultimate Mai Tai is normally $13 based on the Fleetwide menu which would normally only put it on the Premium Package. Even at 20% off, it would still bring a a slight upcharge for the Easy Plus Package unless they do something special for drinks of the day.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alserrod said:

Are "cocktail of the day" included in

Easy pack

Easy plus pack

...?

My understanding of packages is they would charge you $3 for the drink because we are capped at $10.  I didn’t get the ultimate Mai Tai yesterday, but they were pushing it at one of the bars.  I’ll specifically ask today to see, but I’m not hopeful.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

First impressions upon boarding yesterday was everything was great.  The ship looks wonderful - modern and sleek.  The design is traditional cruise ship and everything looks clean. The ship is beautiful.

Embarking was a breeze yesterday.  Our last 3 cruises out of Canaveral were very quick boarding, so it may be a Canaveral thing.  Either way, a MSC cruise out of Canaveral should be really easy and quick boarding.

The terminal for MSC at Canaveral is 10.  As you are driving into the port, there are clearly designated signs of where to go, so you really can’t get lost.  For those living in Florida, I heard the brightline intends to make Port Canaveral more accessible with the rail system, so that may be a longer term option as well. 

The parking garage is right across the street from terminal 10.  It’s a standard multilevel garage that is covered (which is nice in unpredictable Florida weather), with some outdoor spaces as well.  There was plenty of parking.  The cost was $70something for the cruise, which they collect up front.  We had the parking waived because we had a 100% disabled vet with us, and Florida provides free parking for those vets. 

I normally would have a few pictures, but from the time we parked and got on the ship was maybe 20 minutes. It was that quick.  There are some elevators at the terminal for those with walking issues.  

Some don’t like this advice, but go to port early.  If you have an afternoon boarding time, get there in the morning and get on the ship. It’s your vacation.  No one asked what our boarding time was (1130) at any point.  The garages don’t open until 1030, so that is really your only limitation if you are driving. 

(Note - most of my posts early will be steam of conscience.  I’ll do some more organized rollups when I get home).  I’ll get caught up with Day 1 thoughts by this afternoon.

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

Some don’t like this advice, but go to port early.  If you have an afternoon boarding time, get there in the morning and get on the ship. It’s your vacation.  No one asked what our boarding time was (1130) at any point.

This is interesting as I think MSC tells you to show up no earlier than 30 minutes before your boarding time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, squigglydownunder said:

This is interesting as I think MSC tells you to show up no earlier than 30 minutes before your boarding time. 

there were people outside the terminal building directing people inside, but no one asked what our boarding time was or asked to see our boarding pass.  The only time we showed it was at the security line and at the kiosks where you show passports where you get your photos done.  The lines were short and moving quickly. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

there were people outside the terminal building directing people inside, but no one asked what our boarding time was or asked to see our boarding pass.  The only time we showed it was at the security line and at the kiosks where you show passports where you get your photos done.  The lines were short and moving quickly. 

Great to know. It probably depends on how busy they are at the time. Worth a try.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 2:45 PM, squigglydownunder said:

Sports bar menu.  They have a fairly wide menu of bottled beer and draft beer.  Not sure the menu of draft beers matches what I see (photos attached).  

The sports bar was showing NCAA basketball last night and today, so there will most likely be the March Madness Tournament.  Being with a UF Gator, we were devastated to see FSU get destroyed in the ACC tournament. Hahahaha. 

IMG_0507.png

IMG_0508.png

IMG_0509.png

IMG_0511.png

IMG_0504.jpeg

IMG_0505.jpeg

IMG_0506.jpeg

IMG_0510.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, squigglydownunder said:

Great to know. It probably depends on how busy they are at the time. Worth a try.

We had different boarding times: 1:30 and 3:00 PM. We arrived around 10:30 and NO ONE asked to see the confirmation. Doing so would mean extra personnel which means extra costs for MSC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1