Mariner - what activities are free and what cost extra?

We are sailing with grandkids - have not been on Royal for many years. It seemed there were so many activities for the kiddies (8 and 12) but now I am realizing many / some? of them cost extra. Could former cruisers give me a heads up on which are FREE and other that there are charges for. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, suec12 said:

Could former cruisers give me a heads up on which are FREE and other that there are charges for.

Look in the app at the current sailing (not yours) under the activities tab and look for a $ sign next to ones which cost extra.

Posted (edited)

On Mariner the only activity for children that you would pay for is the Arcade, I think.

If you list specific activities folks could tell you if there is a cost.

Edited by Tree_skier

3 minutes ago, suec12 said:

We are sailing with grandkids - have not been on Royal for many years. It seemed there were so many activities for the kiddies (8 and 12) but now I am realizing many / some? of them cost extra. Could former cruisers give me a heads up on which are FREE and other that there are charges for. Thanks!

Idk of any pay activities really. You can sign up for lessons on the surf zone. But surfing is free. Rock climbing and ice skating is free. 

Unless there is a escape room which is only for adults so your grandkids cant sign up. It's free.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk of any pay activities really. You can sign up for lessons on the surf zone. But surfing is free. Rock climbing and ice skating is free. 

Unless there is a escape room which is only for adults so your grandkids cant sign up. It's free.

I forgot there is a cupcake decorating class that my GD participated on Navigator.  That had a cost, if I remember right.

Edited by Tree_skier

7 hours ago, katmigordon said:

If so how do we find out what will be available on board so we can budget? 

Look at the app at the current sailing - that may list activities and prices.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, katmigordon said:

Please excuse my newness, but how do you do that?

When you open the app there will be three icons at top, a ship, a calendar and a person head/shoulders.  Click on person, this takes you to your profile and bookings. At the bottom of your cruise it should read 'don't see your cruise, add it now' click there. 

This takes you to another page where you could add details of other cruises booked OR click on 'Browse our ships'.

Click on 'Browse our Ships'

This takes you to list of ships. Click on one you are interested in and it gives you a list of sailings. Click on this week and it will be populated with all the activities,  dinning, bar menus, entertainment and excursions with prices 

Screenshot_20240317_140736_Royal.thumb.jpg.6f8b1663d8bbf933afafcb0148d24bea.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_140909_Royal.thumb.jpg.5f43131dc1eecf74c00520cf6f032efc.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_140736_Royal.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

No cost:  Kids' clubs /Teen clubs and all the activities in those clubs, shows, afternoon movies & MUTS (Movies Under the Stars), water slides, Flowrider, rock climbing wall, Sky Pad, gym, some exercise classes, soft-serve ice cream station 

Extra cost:  Arcade, spa treatments, milkshakes, ice cream parlor 

• Like 1