Aft-facing balcony cabins on Liberty of the Seas

Hi all.  Have not been on Liberty.   Why are the aft-facing balcony cabins less $ than the regular balcony cabins on the sides of the ship?   Besides connecting to the suites next door, is there a drawback to these cabins?  Looking at the ones on deck 9 aft.   Thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Hi all.  Have not been on Liberty.   Why are the aft-facing balcony cabins less $ than the regular balcony cabins on the sides of the ship?   Besides connecting to the suites next door, is there a drawback to these cabins?  Looking at the ones on deck 9 aft.   Thoughts? 

I'd grab one. My favorite. I had the corner on deck 9. I have pictures somewhere if you want them. The door is regular and heavy and a window, not a slider. The balcony is pie shaped, very roomy imo. 

I would love to book one but the group rates dont include the aft facing cabins that I'm booking under. I hear the lower decks like maybe deck 7 have larger balconies but you need 3 to book them. 

ok, so the end ones don't have the connecting cabin door like the 2 inner ones do.  I hope I don't hear a lot of noise from the suites.   Got one of these as a guarantee (which I RARELY do), so I was happy. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

There are no downsides... I have had two different aft facing cabins on Liberty and would gladly take one again, they are our preferred cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships.

As to why they are cheaper I can't answer.  Grab it before they are gone.

This is our corner aft balcony on deck 10.IMG_1213.thumb.jpeg.91d838fe05627df71b6d9ab2c77f12bc.jpeg

IMG_1214.thumb.jpeg.00794b9c77dfdfb9e6325865394ff5da.jpeg

IMG_1215.thumb.jpeg.815f60ce49497612ff951d49873f8aa8.jpeg

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.fe4295bb6eb4aad45aa20e7cdf4afdb4.jpeg

IMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.d59e7ec3654eba92da6bc8392584a397.jpeg

These are pics from 1704.  The cabin next to and connecting with the JR suites.

IMG_1458.thumb.jpeg.e70013a57bc88f8a37a44cdd05624d8d.jpeg

IMG_1462.thumb.jpeg.ccbdae9b88d3316a8b3015058a5cb308.jpeg

IMG_1466.thumb.jpeg.18a324883f6e91060dd86e1b5c615c67.jpeg

IMG_1472.thumb.jpeg.9962e538d7749c50fa23ebfc171bf46e.jpeg

One of the biggest advantages of the aft facing balconies is that they are double length and fit loungers as well as chairs and a table.

Book it before they are gone.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We LOVE those cabins, too.

But there is one issue- the superstructure of the ship.  This does get in the way of the view, but we don't think it's a big deal.

We did an aft js, deck7 on Liberty.  Very nice.  It does a partial obstructed view, which is the super structure but not a problem for us.  Also looked down on a suite.  Also not a problem as the guests were almist never out there.

Posted (edited)

Love aft balconies, the only drawback to deck 9, is that deck 10 can look down and see the majority of your balcony. Deck 7,10 are the best IMO.

Edited by jptoz

14 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Love a lounger on the balcony!

I had one of each. One lounger and one upright. Mine was a regular balcony, the 2 corners arent JS. Long walk back there but worth it for aft view.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alfaeric said:

We LOVE those cabins, too.

But there is one issue- the superstructure of the ship.  This does get in the way of the view, but we don't think it's a big deal.

I agree that is a down side however the higher up you go the better.  I think the OP looking at deck 9 so I think things should be fine.  We just had a JS on 6 and found the obstructions to be the worst we have had on an aft cabin.  However, I'd still take it over a standard balcony.

IMG_1847.thumb.jpeg.4573598a59ed221e3c1318ed1f36f6c9.jpeg

This was my view from deck 10...