Dining on Regal Princess

shofer

It has been several years since I sailed on Princess so I am having trouble understanding this new Dining Time.  It worked well on Royal although we weren't pleased with different tables/servers every night.  It appears that there seems to be multiple dining rooms on Regal?  Is there any difference between them?  Thanks for any help with this.

2 minutes ago, shofer said:

It has been several years since I sailed on Princess so I am having trouble understanding this new Dining Time.  It worked well on Royal although we weren't pleased with different tables/servers every night.  It appears that there seems to be multiple dining rooms on Regal?  Is there any difference between them?  Thanks for any help with this.

Regal has the same 3 main dining rooms as on Royal.

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Regal has the same 3 main dining rooms as on Royal.

whoops!  I meant we were on RCCL.  I forgot there was a Royal Princess.  But I checked out the review on this board and that answered my questions.  Thanks anyway.

6 minutes ago, shofer said:

whoops!  I meant we were on RCCL.  I forgot there was a Royal Princess.  But I checked out the review on this board and that answered my questions.  Thanks anyway.

Same menu in all MDRs…the 2 midship (decks 5 & 6) have the same layout & can be accessed from the Piazza. The MDR aft is setup slightly different & cannot be accessed from a passageway…either walk down stairs from deck 7 or take the aft elevator to deck 6. The waiting area is smaller resulting in people waiting on the stairs when it gets busy with more people arriving on the elevators.

I was just on the Regal in late February.  I also do not prefer the dine anytime.  First night we went to dinner and service was very slow.  Not waiters fault, Princess seems to have reduced dinning room staff quite a bit.  Skipped it, dinning room second night.  Third night we went and was seated with a great waiter.  On way out, we asked if we could book that table each night and was granted that.  Dinner was a bit early at 5:20, but that greatly increased our experience at dinner.

Suggestion, go and make a reservation for the entire trip for a specific dinner time and table.  Just like old times.

John

I have not read anyone's responses on here, but the 8 of us just got of the February 25th Regal cruise. Yes there are 3 MDR's, but we always (we requested this from when we first arrived in the dining room) had the same table and waiters, which was very nice. Since there were 8 of us, we wound up (I noticed other groups like ours were eating about the same time too) eating around 7:30 or later, and we did have a set time. We were advised, that it might be a little later, as they cannot PUSH the earlier dining guest away from the table until they are through eating.