The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 18th, 2024

kazu

Good evening. I’ll read the posts later. Today was a day of waiting and cleaning. The painting people were to arrive this morning to address the overspray on our pool deck and fence so we waited for them to arrive. We both felt really sorry for the guy who arrived because he hadn’t been informed of the entire problem. After he did a treatment he left, a translation app was used to convey that he needed more supplies. He arrived several hours later with someone who helped him and another treatment was done. So far it looks good but we’ll know more tomorrow when it’s dry. In the meantime we cleaned the washing machine and dishwasher. The washing machine was really bad and it wasn’t noticeable until we removed the bleach and detergent trays. Yuck. I use a monthly cleaner in both machines but the washing machine needed extra attention. 

I’m currently watching an episode of Andrew Zimmern’s about Cork and Darina Allen and Ballymaloe is highlighted. I would love to visit. 

Also, I noticed my DVR recorded the first episode of this season’s Call the Midwife. I’m waiting for a quiet day to start watching. 

Our DS just called to tell us about a rocket launch. Of course we went to check it out. Wow, amazing that you can see it so far away. 

Have a good evening!

• Like 12

Posted (edited)

Gotta love fur babies - sitting here attempting to read through CC threads when they decide I've had enough screen time.

Larger pup (125#) uses me as his pillow; Smaller pup (65#) uses larger pup as her pillow with me as her bed.

20240318_175021.thumb.jpg.4d3c2fb27cd439b71d5cec0dc8461a4d.jpg

Cat decides he can squeeze in.

20240318_181608.thumb.jpg.16c2a234c2f81c9d8aba4dc29492620a.jpg

I am still under all of this (under the blue & orange blanket) at the bottom of the pile.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 8
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

For many years I was in Austin every couple of months, but as all of my friends (except me, of course) got older that sort of tapered down. I'm still there once or twice a year. There's no place like it.

No there isn't.  Out DDs still live there.  Keep Austin weird.

Lenda

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

Good morning from the North East coast of England.

My cheesy bacon flatbread and coffee was lovely.

I hope everyone has a happy day.

Graham.

IMG_20240319_074736.jpg

IMG_20240319_080217.jpg

Getting close to entering Manila. You’re having breakfast and I’m nearing dinner on Tuesday. Have a great day. Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3