“Newbie” Beyond questions - Cabin, shows, restaurants, etc

First Celebrity cruise, Booked on a 10-night Southern Carib (March 28, 2025), and lots of questions! 😄

Cabin 12261, C2 deck12, aft port side.

1) This is our biggest question -

After reading in detail about these “infinity edge” cabins I’m a little concerned how it compares to the typical verandah we’re used to on Carnival. Also, we have a large overhang from deck 14 (“Lido” deck). 
We chose this aft cabin to be away from the pool noise, but not sure about any noise from above at night in this cabin location? Any experience staying in this location?

We looked at other deck layouts and images and didn’t see any different-type verandas (just the”hull-enclosed” types). But looking at photos today it looks like there are standard verandahs without the window feature, possibly in deck 9?
We’d looked at deck 9 but the price was similar and it looked like there is still an overhang and the window feature…?

2) Can anyone share if the main shows are on certain nights for this 10-night cruise? Show times are at 7 & 9 I see?

For at-sea nights we like dining early and hitting the early show, but that’s hard with a 6PM dinner and 7PM show so we will have to adjust.We will reserve most restaurants soon to get the times we want, especially for port days. 

3) Are there any “special” dinner nights on this 10-night cruise? or only for long-time. Celebrity cruisers?

Sorry for the lengthy post!

Dining on eclass is anytime dining.  You can show up whenever you want despite what your "assigned time" may be.  And I believe the first show starts at 7:30...I may be wrong.

There are traditional balconies in the suite categories and also the sunset verandah categories.  The enclosed balcony rooms, AKA Deluxe Porthole also feature a traditional balcony door.  We had one of these cabins and it was great!  Lots of people rave about the infinite verandah and I'm sure it definitely has some advantages, like the feel of a more spacious room...but they aren't for me.

Every night there will a show in the theater.  Times are generally at 7 and 9 PM, but periodically they will be at 7:30 and 9:30 PM.  We were on a B2B2B last fall, and the theater shows were at 7 and 9 PM for the first two legs before shifting to 7:30 and 9:30 for the final leg.  These shows will be a combination of production shows from the Celebrity production team and guest "headliners."  Only on evening chic nights will there be some reserved seating for Suite and Zenith passengers.

In addition to the shows in the theater there will other musical acts performing nightly around the ship in various venues.

What do you mean by "special" dinner nights?

Thanks @Georgia_Peaches - yes the suites were pricier than we wanted. Sunsets were not t available…

We know the difference between the infinite veranda and typical verandas @hrhdhd and have read many opinions. I guess my biggest question now is this cabin location in relation to deck 14…

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Restaurants opened at 5:30 pm on our Beyond Cruise.  Shows were at 7:30 and 9:30 pm.

There are themed dinners up in the OceanView.  Mexican night, Great Britain night, Italian night, etc.

You may get some noise from the buffet above you. 

Edited by keesar

The three Celebrity Production shows are "Arte", "Elements" and "Stage Door"  by the main production cast.  They have a second cast who does shows in Eden usually around 10:30 PM some nights (singers, dancers, gymnast/acrobats). The Eden team also does a show in The Club called "Jazz Joint" which I thought was the best show of the cruise.  The venue is smaller and there is some interaction with the guests as the cast moves throughout The Club. Get there early if you want a good seat.

The order of shows varies from cruise to cruise so check your daily planner. The schedule doesn't firm up until a week or two before your cruise.  This also makes dining reservations much more uncertain if you want to schedule around shows.  They seem to feature a comedian the first night pretty regularly. The comedian also does a late night Adults Only (18+) show at 10:30 some other night. They fill out the rest of the schedule with guest headliners (singers, musicians, magicians) which varies week to week.

On a ten night cruise there will probably be two or three Evening Chic nights where people dress a little fancier but the dress code is so loose you might not notice.

• Thanks 1

Looking at the menus for the 4 complimentary main dining options (Tuscan, Cosmo, zcypress, Normandie), they are 15 pages long with several different options. Is each page for one night? I don’t see days listed…

We are on Beyond now.  You need to get to the shows an hour ahead of time or you can’t find a seat!  It’s ridiculous!  

There will be two chic nights.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

We are on Beyond now.  You need to get to the shows an hour ahead of time or you can’t find a seat!  It’s ridiculous!  

Is that for both the first and second shows?

11 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

We live in Elmira Bonnie. Debating whether or not to fly down to FLL the day before but I’m sure we will. Not fun missing the boat!

13 hours ago, blue_water said:

Looking at the menus for the 4 complimentary main dining options (Tuscan, Cosmo, zcypress, Normandie), they are 15 pages long with several different options. Is each page for one night? I don’t see days listed…

To my knowledge there are 14 days of menus.  There are 7 which generally are used for the first 7 nights of a cruise, but they can vary depending on length of the cruise.  On a 7 night cruise lobster night is normally on night 6 but if your on a 10 night cruise lobster will be on night 8 or 9 so they shift the menus around. The menus for your sailing should show in the app a couple of days before departure. 

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

To my knowledge there are 14 days of menus.  There are 7 which generally are used for the first 7 nights of a cruise, but they can vary depending on length of the cruise.  On a 7 night cruise lobster night is normally on night 6 but if your on a 10 night cruise lobster will be on night 8 or 9 so they shift the menus around. The menus for your sailing should show in the app a couple of days before departure. 

Thanks so much! That makes sense!

Another question please - I’m booking these restaurants on the website and times are available since we’re still a year away. But I am not able to reserve the Tuscan for any time slot, on any day…? 🤷🏼

2 hours ago, blue_water said:

We live in Elmira Bonnie. Debating whether or not to fly down to FLL the day before but I’m sure we will. Not fun missing the boat!

We fly down two days ahead of time to make sure!!  I have a friend who lives in McGraw!  Small world!  Enjoy your cruise!