Bliss Alaska 4/20 cruise

we are all stoked for you!

you know who's even more excited than us?

the people who will be traveling with you.

you'll find them here in the roll call for that cruise:

not much activity there yet, but i'm sure things will pick up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I love cruising AK in April.  I also love cruising AK in September and October.

....and May, June, July and August😎

Isn’t April too early in the season to see a lot of wild life (on board species don’t count)

2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Isn’t April too early in the season to see a lot of wild life (on board species don’t count)

We're trying the earliest Alaska cruise I can ever remember seeing in a couple weeks, leaving Seattle April 6th.

I think you're right in that we'll miss a lot of wildlife but I'm hoping we get more snowy landscapes in return. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, drrew said:

We're trying the earliest Alaska cruise I can ever remember seeing in a couple weeks, leaving Seattle April 6th.

I think you're right in that we'll miss a lot of wildlife but I'm hoping we get more snowy landscapes in return. 

Yea, pretty early in the season. I'm on a transpacific arriving in Seward on the 22nd and was shocked to see there are cruises even earlier than that. The train from Seward-Anchorage doesn't even start running until sometime in May. But we're also not stopping at the usual tourist ports - and definitely having issues finding excursions - Kodiak and Dutch Harbor. 

But on the other hand, the Grey whales will be migrating north, so might be able to see them in Seward. I was down in Baja last month, maybe I'll see some of my friends (yes they are friendly, even got to pet them in the lagoons!!)

4 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I've cruised AK many times, at all times of the year.  If I don't see a bear this time, maybe next time.  I really don't cruise to see bears.  Whales and Eagles always seem to be around.

However the whales are migrating now so you may see them.  Whale watching week is this week off the coast of Oregon.  Hopefully will be further north by the time you sail.