Being first on the ship

BTW you will NOT be the first on the ship as Platinum,  It just will not happen, ZERO chance.  Several groups will board before you are allowed to book.  Among them are ADA passengers and Haven guests.

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

BTW you will NOT be the first on the ship as Platinum,  It just will not happen, ZERO chance.  Several groups will board before you are allowed to book.  Among them are ADA passengers and Haven guests.

Oh— yes I know that. By first I didn’t mean absolute first, I just meant: as first as possible given the other priority groups 🙂 sorry bout that

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Oh— yes I know that. By first I didn’t mean absolute first, I just meant: as first as possible given the other priority groups 🙂 sorry bout that

Nothing to be sorry about at all.  Hope you accomplish your mission and that no matter the outcoem fo that, you have an amazing cruise and enjoy every second.  Have fun!

even then, you won't technically be the first person on the ship. back-to-back passengers will have either never left the ship or they will have been brought back on before any new passengers are asked to come onboard.

38 minutes ago, UKstages said:

even then, you won't technically be the first person on the ship. back-to-back passengers will have either never left the ship or they will have been brought back on before any new passengers are asked to come onboard.

LOL OK! Game, set and match on this one. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, UKstages said:

I thought that ALL passengers were required to debark by CG rules, even B2B guests.

by CG, you presumably mean coast guard?

we just went through this in another thread... the coast guard has nothing to do with clearing the ship, no involvement in reaching a zero count, nothing to do with immigration or customs or border patrol when the ship is in port. the coast guard can inspect the ship, if it wishes, and it sometimes does that even with passengers onboard.

customs and border patrol clear the ship and interview returning guests (if necessary) and check passports (if necessary) and so forth. they conduct facial recognition checks and inspect luggage (if necessary).

it is at their discretion as to whether B2B guests have to get off the ship or not. sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. in new york, i stayed onboard and CBP met with 30 or so B2B guests in a meeting room. in miami, i had to get off the ship.

On 3/23/2024 at 10:23 PM, debenson0723 said:

There is no special waiting area in Miami for Platinum or above Latitude members. Haven guests are in a different area and taken to the ship via their dedicated elevator. In my experience, most recently on Viva in December, next comes handicap travelers, then Diamond and Sapphire are called, then Platinum. We were about the 5th and 6th on board so I don't know what happened after that. 

I know most people like to book their dining via the app but have you ever tried to book via chat or calling NCL? I have had success doing that when the app shows certain times unavailable. It's worth a shot and if there is still no availability, head to the Prima theatre once onboard...there will be multiple tables set up to book dining and shows. 

Enjoy your cruise.

Hello, as a Platinum since January 2023 I was told that we can call the pre-cruise concierge phone line and I did for my next few cruises and I got my specialty dinner reservations done through them. My next cruise after that B2B where I became Platinum my next cruise was in February so I couldn't do them at 125 days before but they still got them for me. I even got my dinner reservations for the 2 Specialty dinners for 2 that Platinum get vouchers for placed in the room. Though if you have 2 Platinum in one room NCL decided that the 2nd Platinum in the same room would not get their 2 Specialty dinners for 2 as it is written in the latitudes benefits it's 2 Specialty dinners for 2 per cabin.

Another thing that can be a problem and it was on my next cruise in the Prima 12Jan24 when I called to get my show tickets at 26 days before I could only get show tickets for me the Platinum member in the room and when my brother tried to get the same nights and times they were gone at 21 days before as he is Gold. So we waited till onboard to get tickets for Donna Summer and it was not the easiest, but we got them scheduled together. Then they had technical difficulties and we never saw it as they scheduled us to see that show on the last night of the cruise at 6:30pm, but we had Cagney's Specialty dinner at 6pm. No other reservations for dinner were possible.

My next cruise is in November in a studio cabin so I won't have the latitudes mismatch for show reservations.

Like what was said earlier about boarding one Platinum all Platinum should be the standard. If a Platinum calls in about show tickets they need to arrange tickets for ALL in the cabin. I was interested when I heard about the lines in the terminal and Platinum going in after Haven. I haven't seen that yet. It's like the terminal staff just ignore Platinum.

My brother and I even bought Priority Access for a cruise out of NYC and that was $90 each and they ignored that too! I'm booked on the Jade 24Mar25 in an aft-facing penthouse suite with a large balcony that comes with a butler and concierge, but they are saying it is NOT a Haven room! So I don't even know if I will be ushered onboard with the Haven or not! My PCC says "you should! "

Good luck to you all. 

You haven't been overly eager for a reason. If you check bags, you won't see them until 2-230 the earliest. If you carry on, you'll be attached to them until your room is open. 

The buffet is a spit show on sail day. 

Time moves slowly anticipating casting off. No reason to get on the ship any sooner than necessary. 

• Like 1

I just want to add that last month at the Miami terminal, those that purchased priority boarding (or whatever it is called) were called to board before Platinum.   As Platinum, I was a little annoyed that paid access went ahead of earned access.   

44 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I just want to add that last month at the Miami terminal, those that purchased priority boarding (or whatever it is called) were called to board before Platinum.   As Platinum, I was a little annoyed that paid access went ahead of earned access.   

That also happened on the Prima in Southampton. They called those that purchased Priority Access right after handicapped. There were some Diamond and Sapphire guests who I thought were going to lose their mind! I felt so bad for the employee (young girl) who was just doing what she was told, even though I thought the Diamond and Sapphire should have gone first. I like to get on early too but don't freak out if I have to wait 2 or 3 minutes (and I agree, earning should go before paid).