Jubilee Orange Juice

Posted (edited)

For those who have sailed on Jubilee.  Is the orange juice real orange juice or the nasty orange cocktail like they had on Vista out of Galveston?  Yes, I know this is a petty question, but orange juice is something I drink every day.  Thanks!

Edited by Lee Cruiser

You can get "real" orange juice in the MDR during breakfast and brunch. I imagine it's from concentrate but it's not the nasty juice cocktail you're thinking of from the buffet.

• Like 1

I’m probably weird -- well, no “probably” about it 😋 – but I like that orange/mango (or whatever it is) drink that they have at the Lido breakfast.  I don’t like the powdered OJ dink they have there, though.

47 minutes ago, PlanoTim said:

I’m probably weird -- well, no “probably” about it 😋 – but I like that orange/mango (or whatever it is) drink that they have at the Lido breakfast.  I don’t like the powdered OJ dink they have there, though.

It's not weird, food is subjective. To me it is horribly sweet and syrupy, I cannot stomach it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It's not weird, food is subjective. To me it is horribly sweet and syrupy, I cannot stomach it.

Yep, it sure is.  To me, the orange/mango 🥭 drink seems a bit watered down and not at all sweet and syrupy.  It also doesn’t taste acidic to me like most OJ does. 🍊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlanoTim said:

I’ll have to try one of the mixed ones. The orange cocktail on Vista tasted like the old Tang. It must be a Galveston thing because I like the orange juice at other ports.

3 hours ago, PlanoTim said:

It's not powdered. All the "juices" in the Lido deck dispensers are from liquid concentrate and are juice cocktails--water, sugar, flavorings, and minimal actual juice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wrcjr98 said:

Does Carnival offer the fresh squeezed Orange Juice?  I know when we sailed Royal Caribbean, they offered it, for a fee, but, it was offered.

Yes they offer a selection of fresh squeezed juice for a fee.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wrcjr98 said:

Does Carnival offer the fresh squeezed Orange Juice?  I know when we sailed Royal Caribbean, they offered it, for a fee, but, it was offered.

They have a bunch of fresh squeezed options and push them pretty hard. I want to say its $4-5ish

• Like 1