La Voix/Mary Mac in Limelight

Ess001

We always book Limelight Club and always enjoy the meal/entertainment even when we haven't heard of the act! Our next cruise only has Mary Mac, and in future cruise's we have La Voix. I'd love to see them both, but a member of our party is reluctant to book as hates the fact that these type of acts/comedians etc often single out audience members. He will not enjoy the show as will be in a state of anxiety!! Anyone seen these acts and can assure me they dont single anyone out for jokes/ridicule etc?

thanks 

Ess

• Like 1

I saw Mary Mac. Hilarious and didn’t single out audience members - a point she/he made at the start that they weren’t that type of act. However, if anyone heckles or engages in banter then they were fair game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We saw La Voix in the limelight club last November on Arvia's TA to the Carribbean. I wasn't so bothered  but my wife was desperate to see her and I've got to say I really enjoyed the show. She's  a good singer and very funny.

One thing though we were sat near the back and she did go up to the table next to us and said to the woman you look nice then looking at her husband said " who's this your carer " he didn't laugh 😬

Edited by Bartender1

I've never seen either but doubt P&O would book any acts which could cause offence to guests.  

The only people I've I've actually seen single out an audience member in Limelight Club were ironically Eric and Ern.

We saw Mary Mac on Arvia in November 2023 and the act was excellent. Party of 6 we had no clue what to expect but we all had a great night.

Didn’t single out any audience member but there was a bit of banter back and forth and it was all taken in good fun by everyone.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bartender1 said:

We saw La Voix in the limelight club last November on Arvia's TA to the Carribbean. I wasn't so bothered  but my wife was desperate to see her and I've got to say I really enjoyed the show. She's  a good singer and very funny.

One thing though we were sat near the back and she did go up to the table next to us and said to the woman you look nice then looking at her husband said " who's this your carer " he didn't laugh 😬

Haha, that would have made me laugh more!

We’ve seen Le Voix and as far as I can remember there wasn’t much interaction, well the likes one of the OP party may fear.

Saying that, we have seen Gareth Gates at the Limelight, and they sat the three of us on a table on the dance floor right in front of him. It was like a nightclub scene in Goodfella’s.

I was c’ing myself in case he done something. He did, he walked about a bit putting his microphone to several people’s mouth’s for them to try to sing a long.

I’m sure he could see the fear in my eyes and left me alone!

All I can say is if you do get picked on, you will still be living when you walk out the Limelight door. You may probably remember any experience like that for the rest of your life as well.

Holidays are there to make memories!

Edited by GSPG

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen both of these amazing acts many times and to be honest if you behave you will have a really great time but if your talking loudly when they are talking or singing then yes you will be picked on. Other than that I'm on Brittania in a few weeks and will be booking LaVoix.  Really great food in the limelight too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultralets2 said:

I've seen both of these amazing acts many times and to be honest if you behave you will have a really great time but if your talking loudly when they are talking or singing then yes you will be picked on. Other than that I'm on Brittania in a few weeks and will be booking LaVoix.  Really great food in the limelight too.

I hope you don't mind me asking, when are you on Britannia and how do you know LaVoix is on board? 

We board on 26th April and can't see anyone has been announced, but have heard rumours Ray Quinn is in the Limelight. 

Andy 

28 minutes ago, Ultralets2 said:

Looks like you just miss her we are on the cruise before you.  Hope you have a great time.Screenshot_20240405_185100_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c3be8a6afc1046e0cf3baea287adf867.jpg

Thank you. 

Shame, we would have liked to have seen her. 

Have a great time. 

Andy 

We came back last weekend from our Caribbean cruise on Arvia. We saw La Voix in the Limelight Club for the second time, last time on Iona. Both times the show was excellent but the recent one was brilliant. We laughed so much and thought the singing was better even than the first time. We would definitely go to see him again if he was on our next cruise.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:45 PM, AndyMichelle said:

That's when we get off, I'm pretty sure we have Ray Quinn but nothing on the personaliser yet. 

We saw Ray Quinn last year, he was very good. Good voice and some chat inbetween . He handled a couple of drunken fans very well! I was a fan from Dancing on Ice era 😊

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I found this page on the P&O website. It doesn't give Ray Quinn dates and I don't think it covers all cruises but it's a start.

https://www.pocruises.com/onboard-activities/dining/the-limelight-club

Looks like Tom Lister will be on our cruise. I've not heard of him so I'm not sure if we'll book or not.

We saw Tom Lister on Britannia a few weeks ago.  We hadn't heard of him either but he was very entertaining with his stories and, as someone who has been a West End lead, has a good voice.