Ft Lauderdale Boarding

On our cruise from Ft Lauderdale on April 6th, the only boarding time shown is noon.  Does this approach cause a logjam at noon?  What time is the best time to arrive at the terminal?  Thanks!

Posted (edited)

HAL uses that noon boarding time for everyone it seems.  Though you can check in early boarding onto the ship will not proceed until at least 11.  Priority goes first - Neptune suite guests, 4 and 5 star Mariners and Club Orange guests.  By noon everything usually simmers down and the process becomes much quicker. 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

HAL uses that noon boarding time for everyone it seems.  Though you can check in early boarding onto the ship will not proceed until at least 11.  Priority goes first - Neptune suite guests, 4 and 5 star Mariners and Club Orange guests.  By noon everything usually simmers down and the process becomes much quicker. 

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Don't they give out group numbers? I haven't sailed them in many years but have a sailing this Friday.

My last cruise in February everyone was assigned noon.  I guess they are trying something new 

It may be smoother as there is a 15 day cruise that started on March 29.  So if there are a bunch of people that stayed on the ship after getting into Fort Lauderdale on April 7, that means a lot less folks trying to board.   

At least that's what I hope!

11 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Don't they give out group numbers? I haven't sailed them in many years but have a sailing this Friday.

You don't get a boarding number until you arrive and check in at the terminal. You're getting on the Rotterdam, I assume? We are on her now. We left our condo at 10:20 AM, were at the port about 12 minutes later, checked in, and rec'd boarding group 2. Details here:

17117235750851.jpg

10 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Sorry for the confusion. We are on the Oosterdam on Friday. Our boarding pass says boarding starts at noon.

HAL has recently gone to putting noon for everyone. FLL historically is one of the 2 best embarkation ports and reports are it's still a fairly smooth process. So, if you have priority, arrive as early as you like, or later if that's your preference. No more MDR lunch to try to time with.

Be sure your boarding pass (printed or on the Navigator App) has a barcode.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has always gone smoothly for us at Port Everglades when it comes to boarding.

Never had to wait long to board regardless of the assigned time.

Hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Port Everglades has been quite efficient in recent years.  Hope this continues with the new Noon boarding time, as more people will likely be coming earlier.  We will see this week!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Port Everglades has been quite efficient in recent years.  Hope this continues with the new Noon boarding time, as more people will likely be coming earlier.  We will see this week!

Agree.  Very efficient in Port Everglades.....

The boarding folks are friendly, helpful and welcoming.......the process is efficient....you end up continuing to walk.....and not much of a line....at least our most recent experiences.....This area has been much improved from the old days.

Much better than what we have experienced in San Diego, CA.... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the Eurodam now. Our boarding passes said noon.

There was no priority boarding. They just let everyone on at once. We were in the Lido having lunch at 11 am AND by the time we were done…..our cabins were ready !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1