Bringing medications through airports

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

"Whose hat is that and how did it get in my backpack?!?!?"

You people are making me nervous about our layover in Frankfurt next October.

The only problem I had with Frankfurt airport was their terrible signage and the crazy music overhead.  It sounded like the shower scene in Psycho.  🔪  Is this the impression you really want to leave with your visitors?  😳

• Haha 1

Had layovers in Frankfurt at least 6 times over the years.  Never had any issues there.  In fact, they have a hotel within the airport that we have used twice when long layovers were involved. As far as meds, I carry a pill dispenser box with my prescription medications, and put all the OTC stuff in small plastic baggies.  None of this is marked, never use original pill bottles, and never any problem anywhere going through security in any country. I guess that's one of the few advantages of being a "woman of a certain age".  Obviously I look like all these pills are necessary.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, crystalspin said:

"Whose hat is that and how did it get in my backpack?!?!?"

You people are making me nervous about our layover in Frankfurt next October.

We had a connection there almost exactly one month ago.  We had a late arrival and long walk to the connecting gate, but made it with plenty of time to spare.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ilovhywd said:

Thank you everyone for your quick responses and great ideas - with a few chuckles thrown in as well!

The “winner” is the poodle “Clo” who suggested I print out and carry the meds page from my physician's online portal (similar to My Chart) that has everything listed.  Now I will just use my 7-day pill caddy and refill it each week from my supplies in the ziplock baggies.

Safe travels everyone!

Actually that poodle's name is "Hairy Red Dog." But I'll answer to clo.  I almost hate to say "you're welcome" just in case. I had the printout in a zipping bag with the meds. Looked like I knew what I doing hopefully 🙂 Travel well. clo

• Like 1

For the vitamin carriers - I now carry those powdered drink packets with a full dose of vitamins.  It is much easier than carrying all of those pills and doubles as a beverage.  There are a lot of formulation options these days 

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

powdered drink packets

I have no idea what those are.  If you could provide a photo? I'm trying to pills in the drink packet that then becomes a beverage.

1 minute ago, clo said:

I have no idea what those are.  If you could provide a photo? I'm trying to pills in the drink packet that then becomes a beverage.

This is one variety but there are many. 

IMG_1554.webp

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

This is one variety but there are many. 

Thanks so much. So it will hold 14 or 28 vitamin pills.

Just now, clo said:

Thanks so much. So it will hold 14 or 28 vitamin pills.

I buy a packet 30 and transfer the slim packets out of the box into a ziploc.  Each packet is a full daily dose. There is one variety that is like a fizzy tablet.