Celebrity - Should we stick or twist?

Hi, just completed our first ever cruise.
By good luck or judgement it was aboard the Celebrity Infinity. We loved pretty much everything about the ship but particularly the level of service, the food and the entertainment.

We had read reviews that Infinity is old, dated and smaller than more modern ships but that didn’t bother us at all but obviously we have nothing to compare it with.

Looking to book another cruise but am interested to hear views on wether we stay with celebrity or try a different cruise line to give us more options in terms of itinerary and dates.

Thanks 

• Like 2

Hi!  So glad you had a wonderful experience for your first cruise!

We have about 60 cruises under our belt, on several different cruise lines, and, truthfully, we have never had a bad cruise or met a ship that we disliked.

Celebrity has a great product, and you would not go wrong sticking with them.  Their loyalty program is one of the best.  Just be careful if you want a traditional balcony as the newer Celebrity ships have an infinite verandah which is basically inside the cabin with a big window that opens.

On the other hand, you might enjoy trying some of the other cruise lines for variety of itineraries, dining, and entertainment.

If you enjoy daily lectures and enrichment programs, Crystal is noted for those.

If you bring children or grandchildren, Royal Caribbean is a must!  The newer ships are amusement parks with propellers!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tauntony said:

Hi, just completed our first ever cruise.
By good luck or judgement it was aboard the Celebrity Infinity. We loved pretty much everything about the ship but particularly the level of service, the food and the entertainment.

We had read reviews that Infinity is old, dated and smaller than more modern ships but that didn’t bother us at all but obviously we have nothing to compare it with.

Looking to book another cruise but am interested to hear views on wether we stay with celebrity or try a different cruise line to give us more options in terms of itinerary and dates.

Thanks 

Most people like their first cruise, I saw issues with infinity on our sailing but still had a great cruise. The bigger ships on celebrity and other lines have more entertainment, huge difference between infinity which is a M class and the new E class , but lots of people like the smaller shios.

• Like 2

Well I will be able to compare soon.

I have done edge class on Edge and Beyond.

done Solstice class on Reflection

And will be able to compare fully after being on Constellation next month.

Edge and Beyond are exceptional ships and are modern beyond modern.

But so far, Reflection has been my favourite ship. Cant really explain why. Just liked it more.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Well I will be able to compare soon.

I have done edge class on Edge and Beyond.

done Solstice class on Reflection

And will be able to compare fully after being on Constellation next month.

Edge and Beyond are exceptional ships and are modern beyond modern.

But so far, Reflection has been my favourite ship. Cant really explain why. Just liked it more.

Our only S class was solstice when it was new , would like to cruise S class again , our many M class has been mostly on music charters so it had great entertainment. We do suites love E class outdoor retreat but prefer M class suite dining room.

• Like 2

Awesome to hear.  I enjoyed Infinity a couple of times but it has been years.  

I've been on Celebrity's Solstice and Millennium class ships.  I have yet to experience the new Edge class.  I expect it will be a different enjoyable experience but still with Celebrity's stamp.  My point being you can experience something newer and still stay with Celebrity.  

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing wrong with Celebrity (although by personal preference we will never sail in an E Class Infinite verandah). However we have no particular brand loyalty; we sail primarily for interesting itineraries. So if another line offers a sailing that appeals to you, then investigate the possibility. You will never know if another line or ship is a good fit for you unless you try it. 

• Like 3

My favorite cruise line is Celebrity. I've been on 2 M class ships (Millenium and Constellation) and had a cruise on Summit scheduled for March '25, but then they cancelled it and repositioned the ship to Florida. So because we wanted to sail out of San Juan (my sister and her boyfriend live in Wisconsin and want the warmest start to the cruise) we ended up on a brand new ship, the Nowegian Viva.

I look at my favorite lines first to see if they have an itinerary I like and if not, I'll look elsewhere until I find something that piques my interest.

• Like 1