New 2026 Itineries

Just booked a multi-segment SYD-Bali-SYD (35 days on Riviera) in the newly available 2026 itineraries. 
It was supposed to be two ATW segments on Vista (based on pre-roll out segment intel). But a now-confirmed disembark in Dubai instead of Mumbai (for a cruise starting in Sydney) put an end to that plan. 

FWIW, not only do we like the SYD-Bali-SYD itinerary, the fare ((for pretty much the same cruise duration) on Riviera is significantly less. But, the real killer was a bizclass airfare price check (this year’s) of RT SFO-SYD vs the multi-city SFO-SYD/DXB-SFO. That multi-city for a variety of different dates and airlines was as much as twice the SYD-SYD RT.

Final decision was easy!

• Like 1

@DrHemlock FWIW,  I was looking at various 2026 itineraries, including the one we booked.  If you see a cruise you are interested in, open the itinerary and click on the port name, or on the link for Ports& Excursions above the itinerary list.  You may see descriptions for excursions- maybe if the port was ever used before.  Of course, no prices and these excursions could change by the time booking for any opens at 365 days, but some helpful info to glean some insight about the ports.   

For our Japan itinerary, a couple of ports only said "information coming soon" or some such thing.  But there were ports that I have not seen on an O itinerary for Japan (maybe on Regent?) that had excursions listed.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, the mice said:

@DrHemlock FWIW,  I was looking at various 2026 itineraries, including the one we booked.  If you see a cruise you are interested in, open the itinerary and click on the port name, or on the link for Ports& Excursions above the itinerary list.  You may see descriptions for excursions- maybe if the port was ever used before.  Of course, no prices and these excursions could change by the time booking for any opens at 365 days, but some helpful info to glean some insight about the ports.   

For our Japan itinerary, a couple of ports only said "information coming soon" or some such thing.  But there were ports that I have not seen on an O itinerary for Japan (maybe on Regent?) that had excursions listed.  

I found that all ports in Japan are amazing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just booked a multi-segment SYD-Bali-SYD (35 days on Riviera) in the newly available 2026 itineraries. 
It was supposed to be two ATW segments on Vista (based on pre-roll out segment intel). But a now-confirmed disembark in Dubai instead of Mumbai (for a cruise starting in Sydney) put an end to that plan. 

FWIW, not only do we like the SYD-Bali-SYD itinerary, the fare ((for pretty much the same cruise duration) on Riviera is significantly less. But, the real killer was a bizclass airfare price check (this year’s) of RT SFO-SYD vs the multi-city SFO-SYD/DXB-SFO. That multi-city for a variety of different dates and airlines was as much as twice the SYD-SYD RT.

Final decision was easy!

Our Bali to Sydney business class is ridiculously high, but I will do better when it gets closer on my own. 

1 minute ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I found that all ports in Japan are amazing. 

Well, I will be sure to check your blog for great information.  Your photos are amazing as are your descriptions.  Sorry I didn't get to meet you on Riviera, but I think you disembarked as we were getting on in Bangkok.   Maybe one day our paths will cross.

Just now, the mice said:

Well, I will be sure to check your blog for great information.  Your photos are amazing as are your descriptions.  Sorry I didn't get to meet you on Riviera, but I think you disembarked as we were getting on in Bangkok.   Maybe one day our paths will cross.

Thanks so much. I hope our paths cross too. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Our Bali to Sydney business class is ridiculously high, but I will do better when it gets closer on my own. 

Airfare seems to be up everywhere, and so are the miles required for award seats, assuming you can find those to line up with your dates, especially now that every mainstream publication is writing about credit card points for "free" travel.

Edited by the mice
grammatical error

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, the mice said:

Airfare seems to be up everywhere, and so are the miles required for award seats, assuming you can find those to line up with your dates, especially now that every mainstream publication is writing about credit card points for "free" travel.

So 22 months out, O has to be very conservative in their pricing.  I think it will be more reasonable. Certainly hope so. 

Edited by MVPinBoynton