New 2026 Itineries

We ‘cruise’ as our holiday. For us, and I’m sure many others,  ‘cruising’ acts as a ‘floating hotel’. 

OLife or SimplyMore are  in some ways irrelevant. We’d tend now to travel in the Med and have been to most ports. We just enjoy the ‘ambience’ of a cruise ship. Not everyone takes a cruise to ‘see’ every part of the world. 

When we travelled to ‘see the world’ it was always land based. We were lucky to see most places we wanted to see and now our ‘relaxed’ type of trip is cruising.

• Like 4

We are discussing land vs sea for next year. Pricing is really jumping up on all the lines. We had a 14 day Med cruise booked on Marina, departing next month, but a surgery got in the way of travel this year. Looking at a similar itinerary on Marina next May, and a 10 day itinerary is more expensive than the 14 day, same cabin category was this year. We love being on a ship, our floating hotel, and enjoying ports on our own or private. But these cost increases give pause….who knows, maybe there will be a Summer promotion more attractive than a hotel night included, which is of zero interest. 
If we decide on a land trip, we will DIY. The idea of traveling in a bus or van on a regimented schedule with people we do not know is not appealing to us. When we did safari, we went with friends and had the jeeps booked for just us four, and that worked out really well 90+% of the time, so it was a huge win. If we travel by land to Europe next year, we will find 2- 3 ‘home bases’ during a two week time, so that we aren’t packing and unpacking all the time. That has worked well for us in the past. 
No matter which way the coin lands, cost of admission has certainly gone up! 

• Like 1

On the Riviera with very limited internet. A question for those of you at home:

In the new release of cruises, going into 2026, are all of the R ships listed; or have any disappeared?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

On the Riviera with very limited internet. A question for those of you at home:

In the new release of cruises, going into 2026, are all of the R ships listed; or have any disappeared?

49 cruises listed on the R ships, 51 on the O and A ships, so far for January-June '26.  All four R's have cruises listed, but Nautica has only 4.

Edited by shepherd really
  • Thanks 1

I want to return to Mallorca, but may do that on my own.  Like many of you, I have been to so many of these ports, not to mention the prices are making me reconsider.  Plus, I love new ships!

Lots to consider going forward, especially considering that fact that I have yet to take my first O cruise!  Oh the feelings of being a newbie with Simply Less?...TBD.  Just a wee bit of sarcasm.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jonthomas said:

so when does the rest come out besides the tropics and exotics till june?

will ask my O rep and post it here , if he knows....

That question was asked to the FCS ( Past OCA) on Riviera. She responded that July 26 onwards cruises would be released in September or October.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pinotlover said:

That question was asked to the FCS ( Past OCA) on Riviera. She responded that July 26 onwards cruises would be released in September or October.

Good to know.

But even first half seems not complete. For example, Marina sailings show till Apr.28 only. Allura till May 7. 

5 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Good to know.

But even first half seems not complete. For example, Marina sailings show till Apr.28 only. Allura till May 7. 

This is probably the end of the "season" for each ship, and the next itinerary will be a repositioning cruise. I think it's typical that O would not stretch the next season over two brochure releases.

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

This is probably the end of the "season" for each ship, and the next itinerary will be a repositioning cruise. I think it's typical that O would not stretch the next season over two brochure releases.

+1. This is April 2024. With all the current world events I doubt Oceania is willing to commit to much of a schedule in over 2 years from now. Additionally, as a marketing decision, why would they tell you now a certain cruise is going in September 2026 when they want you to book it for 9/25?

28 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

+1. This is April 2024. With all the current world events I doubt Oceania is willing to commit to much of a schedule in over 2 years from now. Additionally, as a marketing decision, why would they tell you now a certain cruise is going in September 2026 when they want you to book it for 9/25?

I understand why they would not release September 2026 now, but why not full schedule for the first half of 2026?

We usually book 2 years in advance. We are currently looking at May-June 2026. If they don’t release them till September-October, and other lines like Seabourn, Windstar, Explora etc release a good itinerary at reasonable price in the next 2-3 months, we will book them instead of O.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

I understand why they would not release September 2026 now, but why not full schedule for the first half of 2026?

We usually book 2 years in advance. We are currently looking at May-June 2026. If they don’t release them till September-October, and other lines like Seabourn, Windstar, Explora etc release a good itinerary at reasonable price in the next 2-3 months, we will book them instead of O.

And Viking releases their cruises three years in advance. They are truly after the early birds. Spin the bottle, take your chances. I was fairly amazed at the number of passengers on my just completed cruise that had booked the cruise within the previous 3-4 months! Some had caught some interesting, and perhaps unpublished, sales by doing so. Of course, most of them then complained that all of the ship and private tours were mostly booked full! 😂 

As a general policy , except for the ATW Oceania doesn’t release cruises more than two years in advance . As stated in post #35, Oceania didn’t want to divide up a new season of cruises thus stopping when they did.

On 4/11/2024 at 4:29 PM, shepherd really said:

49 cruises listed on the R ships, 51 on the O and A ships, so far for January-June '26.  All four R's have cruises listed, but Nautica has only 4.

Nautica does tend to do sonewhat “longer” cruises Two of those four are 25 days each. What I find interesting is that she disembarks in Mauritius.

43 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

And Viking releases their cruises three years in advance. They are truly after the early birds. Spin the bottle, take your chances. I was fairly amazed at the number of passengers on my just completed cruise that had booked the cruise within the previous 3-4 months! Some had caught some interesting, and perhaps unpublished, sales by doing so. Of course, most of them then complained that all of the ship and private tours were mostly booked full! 😂 

Well, for those of us who live in North America and book cruises to Europe/Asia, flights will definitely be more expensive if booked 3-4 months in advance, especially for business class. And if you book with points (like we do), then the best deals are when the flights are just released (usually a year in advance). So 3-4 months won't work for us, and if they caught better deals on the cruise, most likely this was offset by air prices (unless you don't have to fly too far).

43 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

As a general policy , except for the ATW Oceania doesn’t release cruises more than two years in advance . As stated in post #35, Oceania didn’t want to divide up a new season of cruises thus stopping when they did.

Makes sense, and this is why they published till June 2026. But I hope they don't wait till September to release rest of the first half of 2026.

• Like 4

Ak1004, we don’t disagree about the air issue. However, don’t forget all those fellow passengers that have Mother Oceania book their flights. They’ll get the same flights booking the cruise 3-4 months out as they would have 1 year out, unless a deviation was possibly paid.

is anyone booking anything today...

strange to only see tropics and exotics with so many more categories to go....

we also wanted to know if there is a prem econ for the TAs....

the O rep said, the info for that is not loaded yet....

in Canada we dont have the options for prem econ with the airlines that you do in the states...

we are very limited in our choices...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

is anyone booking anything today...

strange to only see tropics and exotics with so many more categories to go....

we also wanted to know if there is a prem econ for the TAs....

the O rep said, the info for that is not loaded yet....

in Canada we dont have the options for prem econ with the airlines that you do in the states...

we are very limited in our choices...

Yes, booked a 31-day Buenos Aires to Miami, for March 2026.  Coordinated last week with my usual O Rep, and all went smoothly this morning when the booking window opened.  Will evaluate the amenities from my Travel Agent, and transfer the booking within 14 days.  Since I DIY my air, I cannot comment about any current O Air offers.  Happy cruising…

• Like 1

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I was tremendously disappointed with the release.  We had been waiting and waiting for O to release their winter tropics.  We wanted a westbound PC ideally in January or February ‘26.  There is not a single one, aside from one single sailing just before Christmas.  We did entertain doing the LAX - Colon back to back in November on Regatta but my god the prices are just sky high PH fares are $35k RT something like $1500 per day.

Soooo O has in this instance lost us to Seabourn who have a westbound sailing at an all in price more than 1/3 less.  We do love O and have 4 others booked with them in the next 15 months, but you can’t force it.  

• Like 2

Starting in BA, definitely add some time to do a Pre tour to the Iguazu Falls. Far more impressive than Niagara Falls, JMHO. In Rio, we did private tours, check out Rio +Tours.

A year ago January we flew down to SA from LAX and changed planes in DFW to get our PE seats. Oceania offered only Economy.

I have been told it is pretty much the European cruises that have PE options. We are heading to Rome in the Fall and the airlines are hitting O up for $999 for the PE upgrade so that makes the cost $1699 pp each way. I have found PE flights, DIY cheaper than $1700. It’s not O, it is the airlines that are 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬✈️. Biz Class can easily be $3500-$5000 pp, each way. I initially made my reservation with the Air included and just cancelled them last week, that way I could spend some months 🙏for some decent fares that never came. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

We booked the Melanesian Marvels Bali to Sydney 21 day cruise.  Other than Sydney, it goes to all new ports for me.  I’m always looking for new and interesting places to visit. This cruise has them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

We booked the Melanesian Marvels Bali to Sydney 21 day cruise.  Other than Sydney, it goes to all new ports for me.  I’m always looking for new and interesting places to visit. This cruise has them. 

Looks great!

• Like 1

Just booked Legendary Japan 24 days on Regatta.  Has northern ports in addition to the southern ports Oceania usually visits.   Only 2 ports are those we visited on our recent Riviera cruise from Bangkok to Seoul.

• Like 2

We booked Singapore-Sidney, then Sidney-Papette on Riviera. Mostly new ports for us with just a few repeats, but hey, I can always revisit Bora Bora with out being bored!

Been to Singapore once and needed much more time than a day tour allowed. We’ll fly into Singapore several days early pre cruise and finally do Singapore right!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Here's a different link than the one posted by KS&JW on previous page:  https://www.oceaniacruises.com/tropics-and-exotics-cruises?sfmc=EM_56805559.  It arrived as an email from Oceania on Wednesday morning, and it features a rather significant and frustrating editorial error.

Clicking on the link takes one to the page titled: "New 2025-2026 Tropics & Exotics Collection."  Scroll about halfway down the page to the section labeled: "New & Boutique Ports."  Click on the box within that section labeled: "Featured Ports."  An assortment of ten interesting photos and descriptions of ports (mostly new to us) is then revealed, beginning with Dravuni Island, Fiji.  Looks great, but here's the thing:

Every second port description is the same text verbatim as the one preceding it.  Thus, the description for Haikou, China, is exactly the same as for Dravuni Island, Fiji.  Photos are different but text is the same.  Ditto the descriptions for Alofi, Nieu and Kanazawa, Japan.  Ditto for Ko Kood, Thailand, and Toamasina, Madagascar.....and so forth right down the line.

When this email first arrived as a preview on April 10th, I immediately notified my well-connected TA (whom many of you know) that she needed to alert Oceania regarding this rather blatant slip-up so it could be corrected before the finalized brochure was released.  I never heard a word back from her other than that she had received my message.

As you can see, the erroneous copy was never corrected.  Either Oceania's editorial eyes don't recognize the problem, or they just don't care.  Pretty poor marketing, IMO.

Edited by DrHemlock