Summer 2024 Ferry Schedule effective April 29

Charles4515

25 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

They added Monday through Friday service to St. George's as promised, but the number of runs per day is pathetically low. 

It is a reduction in service not an increase. On the days it ran last year they had four runs to and from St. George’s. Now they are only doing two or one to and from St. George’s. It is pathetic. 

21 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Is this schedule through Sept 8? TIA!

They don’t put an end date but last year the winter schedule went into effect November 6. Based on past practice I would expect something similar this year. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They don’t put an end date but last year the winter schedule went into effect November 6. Based on past practice I would expect something similar this year. 

Does the bus schedule change seasonally? Specifically I am looking to use the ferry from the Dockyard Thursday, September 5 at 8:00am, arrive Hamilton 8:20am, take the 9:15am bus to the caves for our 10am reservation (not made yet). Then walk to Blue Hole (google has it take about 15 minutes), explore then walk to Swizzle Inn at 1:30.  Catch the bus at 3:00pm to Hamilton. Take 5:00pm ferry back to Dockyard.  Sound doable?  TIA!

51 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Does the bus schedule change seasonally? Specifically I am looking to use the ferry from the Dockyard Thursday, September 5 at 8:00am, arrive Hamilton 8:20am, take the 9:15am bus to the caves for our 10am reservation (not made yet). Then walk to Blue Hole (google has it take about 15 minutes), explore then walk to Swizzle Inn at 1:30.  Catch the bus at 3:00pm to Hamilton. Take 5:00pm ferry back to Dockyard.  Sound doable?  TIA!

They don't change the bus routes seasonaly. You could possibly make an earlier bus if you take the 8:00 ferry. The bus station is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the ferry terminal. You can take the 1,3,10 or 11 bus. Any bus that says St. George. From the Swizzle you have the same 4 routes to Hamilton. Pink pole at bus stop means bus towards Hamilton and Blue pole bus towards St. George. Keep that in mind because they drive on the other side it is easy to lose sense of direction. I think your plan is doable if you actually get up and make the 8:00 ferry. 😀  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

can i assume theres a mad dash for the st georges ferry 1st thing? im on msc and tuesday  carnival is with us then next day joy arrives for a stint.  can i assume there's just one ferry per time slot?

i got conflicting results for trying to find ferry capacity. one site said 800 but maybe thats a new planned one? i reallly dont want to bus between hamilton to st geo but with the times getting back it may be required on a tuesday to return to ship later . still unsure what we are doing but perhaps 4 hours in st geo would be enough. still have to look into what we are doing

Edited by luckyinpa

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

can i assume theres a mad dash for the st georges ferry 1st thing? im on msc and tuesday  carnival is with us then next day joy arrives for a stint.  can i assume there's just one ferry per time slot?

i got conflicting results for trying to find ferry capacity. one site said 800 but maybe thats a new planned one? i reallly dont want to bus between hamilton to st geo but with the times getting back it may be required on a tuesday to return to ship later . still unsure what we are doing but perhaps 4 hours in st geo would be enough. still have to look into what we are doing

One ferry per time slot but on Harbour Nights they will often add a second ferry at 10:30 pm. As far as a mad dash for some reason Carnival passengers do that. Other ships not so much I have always planned to be at the terminal at the Dockyard 15 minutes before. Always got on but once in St.George going back and the ferry was full. Had to take the next one which was the last for the day. NCL runs their own ferry now for its passengers so if there is an NCL ship in port on those days should be plenty of capacity. The largest ferry is the Bermudian which carries 700. The others don’t carry near as many. They have ordered two new ones which are somewhat larger than the ones they replace but not near 700. The Bermudian was sent to the US for retrofit in September 2022. Supposed to take 11 months. I haven’t paid attention as to whether the retrofit was finished and it has returned to service. 

If you don’t go to the beach 4 hours is plenty in St.George in my opinion. 

Edited by Charles4515

29 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The Bermudian was sent to the US for retrofit in September 2022. Supposed to take 11 months. I haven’t paid attention as to whether the retrofit was finished and it has returned to service

I doubt we'll see the Bermudian any time soon, if ever again. When they announced the plans for two new builds you would think they might have said when the Bermudian would be back in service, but all we've heard were crickets since the Bermudian left for the US 18 months ago.

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Now to wait for the NCL ferry times.   

The NCL ferry times aren't published anywhere. You'll be informed of the schedule while you're on the ship. If your itinerary is the same as an earlier NCL cruise if you check on the Roll Call for that cruise or just ask the question on the NCL board.

On 4/10/2024 at 7:00 PM, njhorseman said:

The NCL ferry times aren't published anywhere. You'll be informed of the schedule while you're on the ship. If your itinerary is the same as an earlier NCL cruise if you check on the Roll Call for that cruise or just ask the question on the NCL board.

Yes, that is what I am planning on doing.