For those familiar with Orlando/Kissimmee traffic

We are staying at a condo in Kissimmee. We will be boarding Adventure of the seas om 6-21. That is a Friday. We would like to board at the earliest time. (10:30-11:00). How much time should we allow to get to Port Canaveral by 10 am? Thanks

Google maps says one hour. 59 minutes to be exact. Sunday.

During the week will be longer, but I don't think it will double your time.

If you are part of the "Something could  happen and the Beachline (Hwy 528) could  close" crowd, there is an alternate route that indicates 1 hour, 9 minutes.

yeah, I've looked at all that. I think I will look at the gps and waze app that morning and go from there. Was just wondering if anyone knew that the traffic around there during the week was substantial. Thank you

8 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Depending upon where in Kissimmee, I would plan on 2-2.5 hours for the trip.

To Port Canaveral?  There is no way it would take that amount of time.

Just did the drive as I have 2 sons living up there about 10 minutes apart and it's about 1 to 1.5 hours from Osceola and John Young which is close to the the OP will be.   Roundtrip for me was an hour each way. 

OP, I would try and get there closer to 11 and leave your hotel by 9:30 so the rush traffic has mainly cleared. 

Agree with CJ, we just drove it yesterday. For some unknown reason it slowed down a bit near the exit 45/US1/Merritt Island area but then cleared right up again.

Wasn't sure where in Kissimmee and was allowing for weekday traffic - the locals estimates are probably closer to what you will experience.

• Like 1

Depending upon which/how many ships are in and which terminal you're going out of, you may be in standstill traffic once you head into the port area.  Last November, it took us an hour to get to the parking once we got to the port area.  We were on a Norwegian ship for that cruise.

• Like 1

There are a lot of ways to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral. Someone mentioned 528, which is a toll road, but I think it's the fastest and most direct way to get there. Worst case scenario, just get yourself to I-95 and adjust from there. Nuclear option would be I-4 to Daytona and down or south some on the Turnpike and over to 95 and then north towards Cocoa Beach, but I wouldn't suggest that otherwise. Hell, 192 south out of Kissimmee to Melbourne and back up would be a good option if you have the time and only if traffic is jammed up on the fastest route.

Options to PC.JPG

2 hours ago, Noledad77 said:

There are a lot of ways to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral. Someone mentioned 528, which is a toll road, but I think it's the fastest and most direct way to get there. Worst case scenario, just get yourself to I-95 and adjust from there. Nuclear option would be I-4 to Daytona and down or south some on the Turnpike and over to 95 and then north towards Cocoa Beach, but I wouldn't suggest that otherwise. Hell, 192 south out of Kissimmee to Melbourne and back up would be a good option if you have the time and only if traffic is jammed up on the fastest route.

Options to PC.JPG

417 to 528 is your best bet - traffic in Orlando and near the port will slow you down.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JohninDC said:

417 to 528 is your best bet - traffic in Orlando and near the port will slow you down.

Can't go wrong there. I think 417 might be a toll road as well. I try to stay away from that area in general because inevitably, my wallet starts to hemorrhage money, it's a big mess 😂

8 hours ago, Noledad77 said:

Can't go wrong there. I think 417 might be a toll road as well. I try to stay away from that area in general because inevitably, my wallet starts to hemorrhage money, it's a big mess 😂

Yes, SR-417 (the GreeneWay) is a toll road. Much of it from about I-Drive to the Beachline is under construction, so there can be delays.

Florida native here.  On a Friday morning from Kissimmee to the port, I would give an estimate of 1 hour and 30 minute drive, via the 417 to 528.  Yes, they are toll roads, but worth the price to get to the port in time.  

They say the parking garage opens at 10:00, but the last time we were there in May 2023, we had no problems with drop-off and parking just before 10:00.