Anchorage hotel for night before cruise out of Whittier

flcraigs5

My son recently was in Anchorage and stayed at the Embassy Suites there. It was reasonable and very nice. Huge rooms and great breakfasts according to him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

My son recently was in Anchorage and stayed at the Embassy Suites there. It was reasonable and very nice. Huge rooms and great breakfasts according to him.

Unfortunately the hotel room that is reasonable at $250 in March goes up to $700 in the summer.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wolfie11 said:

Unfortunately the hotel room that is reasonable at $250 in March goes up to $700 in the summer.

Oh yes, that makes sense. He was there in February! So definitely not peak time. I’m sure prices skyrocket in summer. 

Dumb down your expectations for Anchorage when it comes to a hotel.  Prices will be insane.  I like the Captain Cook the best, but you will also hear street noise.  Take a look at airbnb and vrbo also.  Someone mentioned The Coast which is at Lake Hood by the airport.  That would be ok also.  It is the former Millenium Hotel.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

Someone mentioned The Coast which is at Lake Hood by the airport.  That would be ok also.  It is the former Millenium Hotel.  

The Millennium Lakefront Hotel has had several names in the past 30 years but it still appears it is the same property currently with the Coast just down the street where it has always been. Is that not the case any longer?

21 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

Dumb down your expectations for Anchorage when it comes to a hotel.  Prices will be insane.  I like the Captain Cook the best, but you will also hear street noise.  Take a look at airbnb and vrbo also.  Someone mentioned The Coast which is at Lake Hood by the airport.  That would be ok also.  It is the former Millenium Hotel.  

Captain Cook is also my favorite. Service is outstanding and the lobby looks very nautical (dark wood, etc....). I agree - this is Alaska and Anchorage can't compare to other hotels in other cities. Though they have their own character and I like that.

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

The Millennium Lakefront Hotel has had several names in the past 30 years but it still appears it is the same property currently with the Coast just down the street where it has always been. Is that not the case any longer?

Pardon me.  The Coast is a block away.  The Lakefront is the name of the Millennium and part of the millennium chain.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anchorage hotels are quite pricey - so I have booked them using my hotel points. I used both Hilton and Hyatt points (the latter transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt) when I stayed in Anchorage in 2021, and Hyatt points for both the Hyatt House and Hyatt Place for this September.

Edited by NancyIL

I am booked at the Aviator Hotel for $241.00 per night via hotels.com; they have been undergoing renovations and have reduced prices to some point in May. It looks very nice on their web site; be careful to look at newer reviews, as the older ones are prerenovation and not very complementary at all. Laurie

On 4/8/2024 at 4:14 PM, karatemom2 said:

Embassy Suites is my go-to hotel in Anchorage.  Not sure if anyone in your party qualifies for a military rate but despite their pricing online, I have always been able to get the rate by calling.

• Like 1