Business Class Air Routing

bjay3

Just about to book our first Silversea and trying to decide if their business class air is worth doing or better to book on our own. Have done cruises with another company that includes air and their choice of flights out of Toronto was very good. Would anyone care to comment on experiences with air, airlines used, routing of flights etc, especially if you have flown out of Toronto. It initially looks financially good to book with them but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

TIA 

Posted (edited)

There are multiple threads in this forum discussing the pros and cons.  You can use the search function. People do seem to have a more positive experience when flying out of an airline hub.  

As with all things related to SS using their business class air is less cost effective than it used to be.

Edited by Gourmet Gal

Might be good for you as Silversea seems to use Air Canada frequently. Know several people who don't have nonstops between certain European cities and their home city in the US and most were routed through Toronto or Montreal on Air Canada,

Yes, Silversea uses Air Canada often. Too often for us. They tried to route us from Santiago to San Francisco via Toronto in January. Didn't make sense, but would have worked for you.

Rarely post…but.  For our airfare from TPA round trip to Barcelona, back from Rome, last October, our TA worked with SS and got us wonderful BC flights. Changed several times. She said she couldn’t do nearly as well price wise. She is a squeaky wheel.  😉

Our first and only SS cruise, perfect one way air itinerary - the exact one I would have chosen had I booked it myself:

DEN direct to LHR via United 787 (Polaris), Tap Air A320? to LIS.(Business).

Others haven't been so lucky, but as I say, I couldn't have done better.

We have had good success on SS air when we had already known what flights and routing we wanted.  If you don’t know in advance, you will likely get routing that is way out of the way.  On one cruise we were able to get SS to book us from Boston to Hong Kong direct, then Singapore to Tokyo - Tokyo direct to Boston.   It pays to know in advance and advocate for your own best interests…… or, as we do much of the time, book our own flights to get better routes, schedules and prices.

• Like 2

After 2 cruises using SS air we have been very satisfied with the routing they booked for us. Like banjo said, if you know in advance of the flights you would prefer, and you live near a major hub , it helps get you the best results . 

good luck 

• Like 1