Cabin Across from Laundry Room Noise ?

Dede F

Currently have cabin D724 booked on the Carrinbean Princess. It is directly across from laundry room. Concerned about noise from laundry room. Has anyone had this cabin ? If so was it noisy ? Or anyone that has had a cabin directly across from laundry room how was the noise ?  Any comments would be appreciated.

We had this cabin on an east coast/Canada cruise.  We heard no noise at all. The laundry room was not open early in the day or late at night.  I would not hesitate to book it again. 

1 minute ago, Seaspartan said:

We had this cabin on an east coast/Canada cruise.  We heard no noise at all. The laundry room was not open early in the day or late at night.  I would not hesitate to book it again. 

I just read another thread here on when the laundry is least busy. One poster recommended between 10 and 11 at night. The laundry rooms are technically not supposed to be used between 10 and 8 am IIRC. But I’ve never encountered a locked door. 

• Like 2

Don't take that cabin. I had that situation for 30 days and it was the worst part of the cruise. People don't know how to close a door without slamming it, and it goes all day long. I was sick and quarantined and wanted to jump overboard to escape the noise.

Love cabins right near the laundry room, and I've had a cabin directly across from it, too.  No noise to speak of at night, which is the only time it would have bothered me.  You can get door-slammers right next door no matter where your cabin is, so I wouldn't worry about it.  And most of the laundry rooms have double doors, so noise from inside doesn't really penetrate into the passageway and certainly not through your cabin door across the hall (I mean, unless a machine blows up or something, but that hardly ever happens). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Dede F said:

Currently have cabin D724 booked on the Carrinbean Princess. It is directly across from laundry room. Concerned about noise from laundry room. Has anyone had this cabin ? If so was it noisy ? Or anyone that has had a cabin directly across from laundry room how was the noise ?  Any comments would be appreciated.

Our first Princess cruise on the Ruby we were right across from the laundry room and never heard anything.  We have since had cabins near the laundry room and never ever had a problem.  Also, I will throw in that we have never heard any noise from being by the elevators.

• Like 2

Had the extended balcony on Sun across from laundry room. The laundry is actually in a hallway across from the cabin running parallel to the cabin, so it’s not literally right across like you may imagine. I don’t know about the proximity on other ships though.

We loved having easy access to check availability of machines and we didn’t need to lug clothes all over the ship. Convenient to wait and check on your wash too, right from comfort of your cabin. We heard no noise.

• Like 1