4/13/24: Princess Rolls Out Fleetwide Dining Revolution

FLAlaska

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If a TD guest wants to bail, they could do so and DR Mgmt could fill the table with other guests - such as walk-ups arriving at the right time and needing a table. 

I believe TD is going to be managed they way it was prior to DMW App.

Which will mean what it did in the past before they did away with TD.  If one build on TD then their spots will be empty for that sitting. If they try to.use it for overflow DMW or walk up then you run into the problems of disrupting the flow and efficiency of TD.

Would not be surprised if they allow those that select TD to opt for DMW reservations if TD ends up with a lot of empty chairs some nights just as it did before they did away with it a few years ago.

Though it seems as if more people have given up on the MDR on cruises altogether, moving away from the long dining  times for more casual dining, they would have more capacity in the MDR.

Edited by TRLD

Posted (edited)

Got the same email here in Australia early this morning, but our reservations in MDR for cruises post Sept still listed, not cancelled yet.

Edited by lorri111

Have today received notification that Princess will be changing the dining arrangements after the 14th September and that once we have paid the balance on our cruise we will be afforded the options available for dining arrangements. It was welcome and strange how these new arrangements start the day before we sail. As I have said we welcome these changes. Don't think we are stick in the muds for preferring a set time each night and we like the thought of hopefully building a rapport with our fellow diners as we will probably request a table of six.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 2:30 AM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Probably because they said they will be cancelled over the coming days.  Just announced and doubt Princess would do that on a weekend.  It is thousands and thousands of reservations. 

Possibly due to final balances being paid as Princess have emailed me to say after the day the balance is due I will be contacted to tell them my dining preference.

Stick in the muds?  Nope, don't think so!  Traveling alone, I love the TD option, large table, gives me a chance to interact with the same people.

Many times I've met other singles this way, we end up doing some tours together or attending things on the ship.  By visiting over dinner, one finds out if you have similar interests.  This is a move in the right direction.

I like the 'new' arrangements ... and really like that if you pre-book early, late traditional, or a specific reserved time ... and you can't make it, that you can still go to the buffet or other non-mdr dining venues ... as to not disturb the others that opted to book the walk-in status

• Like 1

Okay.  Been gone awhile.  Do Elite benefits still include priority dining reservations?  I don't want to book and then find out I can't do TD since that is the only reason I would consider another Princess cruise.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:30 PM, Torfamm said:

The big difference I see is that with select dining in the past it wasn’t possible to make reservations for individual nights  in the MDR ahead of time at all. You had to wait and try to phone the “dine line” the same day that you wanted the reservation. 

What do you mean by select dining, the current DMW system does enable you to book ahead of time and at a different time every night, and different restaurant.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

On 4/14/2024 at 2:30 PM, Torfamm said:

The big difference I see is that with select dining in the past it wasn’t possible to make reservations for individual nights  in the MDR ahead of time at all. You had to wait and try to phone the “dine line” the same day that you wanted the reservation. 

Expand  

What do you mean by select dining, the current DMW system does enable you to book ahead of time and at a different time every night, and different restaurant.

I was answering a question about what is different now from when traditional was available in the past, before Dine My Way was introduced. At that time you could not make individual reservations ahead of time.