How much is Laundry

There's usually a 'fill the bag' laundry special halfway through the trip, $35 for the bag (up from $30).  Alternately, there are per-item prices listed on the sheet you fill out when you send it out.

Gold level Latitudes members get that fill the bag special for half price, Platinum and above get it free.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skier05 said:

I am on a 13 day cruise and was wondering how much it is for laundry?

there are no self serve laundry facilities on board.  You either send it out ( usually a 1-2 day turn around), or wash and hang in the bathroom ( takes long time to dry doing it that way).  DO take advance of the 1/2 price special.  Roll everything as tight as yo can then place them in the paper bag provided.  Make sure you list on the inventory sheet how many of what is inside the bag.  I think it even comes back folded and sorted, in a basket that is placed on the bed.

• Like 3

Is it 100% every cruise that they off a bag full for a one time price?  Also, how big is the bag.. Just wondering for packing purposes.

Thanks in advance.

I believe the bag is folded in half (the fold is at the top).  This picture is from Feb., before the price increase.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e2a14c0aaa2500cde9fa991feac6546.jpeg

I fit 9 boxers, 6 t-shirts (including one long-sleeve), 4 polos, a pair of slacks, a pair of cargo shorts and 9 pair of socks in the bag.  I wear XXL t-shirts.  I cropped the pic, I figured you didn't need to see the entirety of my shorts...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, skier05 said:

Is it 100% every cruise that they off a bag full for a one time price?  Also, how big is the bag.. Just wondering for packing purposes.

Thanks in advance.

This was posted by @dhanakorn couple of weeks ago in another thread...

IMG_9593.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, skier05 said:

I am on a 13 day cruise, do you think this will be available twice during my cruise?

I did a 15-day and only got the offer once.  No, @dmwnc1959, the basket is not a souvenir...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

That's actually pretty cool! I don't suppose you get to keep the basket lol? 

We did laundry (first time) on Pr1ma in November sometime around midway through the cruise when the offer appeared. Good deal for us (then) Gold members as the price was cut in half. When the basket of laundry was returned, we just left everything in there until the cruise was over as we didn't have anymore sweaty adventures, so just re-wore our clothes. The basket stayed in our room longer than we did on disembarkation day. I'm betting the room steward would have forgotten about it if we snatched the basket. 

So you might be able to get away with it...if one really can't afford a $10 cheap wicker basket. And yes, I know, your post was in jest. I'm just saying what could be possible if the world were full of thieves. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

And yes, I know, your post was in jest.

I can honestly that say I've never had a thing for wicker, despite growing up in the south and having a 🥰 mom that loved everything wicker! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

We did laundry (first time) on Pr1ma in November sometime around midway through the cruise when the offer appeared. Good deal for us (then) Gold members as the price was cut in half.

My brain is a little fried getting ready to leave in 2 days on Getaway so please bare with me. Lol!

We've done laundry on our last 2 sailings for free because we were in a CBS just to check it out really. This sailing is 10 days and we're definitely going to do some mid cruise.

We are Gold too (achieving platinum on this sailing), so is the half off of the $35 or is $35 the price?

We have obc, so it doesn't matter much, but I'm curious.

TIA

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

My brain is a little fried getting ready to leave in 2 days on Getaway so please bare with me. Lol!

We've done laundry on our last 2 sailings for free because we were in a CBS just to check it out really. This sailing is 10 days and we're definitely going to do some mid cruise.

We are Gold too (achieving platinum on this sailing), so is the half off of the $35 or is $35 the price?

We have obc, so it doesn't matter much, but I'm curious.

TIA

Just got off the Gem, 4/5-4/12. Mid week laundry "special" was $34.00. We stay in CBSs and are both Platinum, so get three free bags of laundry per cruise.Which we've never used, as two bags seem to be the perfect fit.

And to any newbies here, and as others have said, roll-roll-roll your clothes. Bring a three gallon trash bag ( like from the bathroom) to line the inside of the paper clothes bag. They rip very easily! Happy Cruising!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hallux said:

It's half off that $35 - $17.50.

Not on the cruise we just finished. The slip says,( which I have in front of me), "Laundry Service-One Full Bag-$34.00". This was on the Gem.

2 hours ago, hallux said:

I believe the bag is folded in half (the fold is at the top).  This picture is from Feb., before the price increase.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e2a14c0aaa2500cde9fa991feac6546.jpeg

I fit 9 boxers, 6 t-shirts (including one long-sleeve), 4 polos, a pair of slacks, a pair of cargo shorts and 9 pair of socks in the bag.  I wear XXL t-shirts.  I cropped the pic, I figured you didn't need to see the entirety of my shorts...

I am impressed that is a lot of clothes in a really small paper bag

1 hour ago, Faulkh said:

I am impressed that is a lot of clothes in a really small paper bag

Thanks, I was quite proud of it based on stories from here!  I didn't even use a supplemental garbage bag to help!  haha

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Not on the cruise we just finished. The slip says,( which I have in front of me), "Laundry Service-One Full Bag-$34.00". This was on the Gem.

Here's a look at the Latitudes Rewards. As a Gold member you should receive 50% off one bag of laundry, so the price @hallux quoted. Or, maybe $17 if it's really $35?

image.thumb.png.ffdbb8946be9d5c49771f10f4c0afed5.png

Source: https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

@bkrickles1 - have a wonderful cruise!!!

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, hallux said:

Thanks, I was quite proud of it based on stories from here!  I didn't even use a supplemental garbage bag to help!  haha

I amazed at the effort people go to with these bags. I have never had one rip or tear and have never had trouble getting what I need in the bag. The people with the problems must change clothes twice a day and never wear anything twice. 

• Like 1