AARP cruise credit

timbom

Yesterday while asking my Holland agent for some information they by mistake sent me information on up to $200 credit for being a AARP member.  In reading the fine print it says it has to be applied prior to booking.

I am not a member but if could get credits for two cruises booked would be happy to be.  When I questioned him about this he said give me number and I will try and get you credit. 

Has anyone else experienced this?? 

15 minutes ago, timbom said:

Yesterday while asking my Holland agent for some information they by mistake sent me information on up to $200 credit for being a AARP member.  In reading the fine print it says it has to be applied prior to booking.

I am not a member but if could get credits for two cruises booked would be happy to be.  When I questioned him about this he said give me number and I will try and get you credit. 

Has anyone else experienced this?? 

You can also buy Holland America gift cards from AARP at a 10% savings; so a $500 gift card that can be used for onboard credit would cost $450.

I'm sure others will know the answer to your question. The credit is automatically applied to my Mariner account once I uploaded it.

If you are before final payment and there are still cabins available in your category, you can have your TA cancel and rebook (after waiting the 3-4 days from verification). Note, make sure you do not lose any current perks. The rebooking may or may not be worth it.

I signed up for this credit and it is on the booking I made last October.  Last week I booked another cruise.  How do I know if the credit is being applied to this booking (I booked online).  I do not see it listed anywhere but can see my shore excursion credits - but do not see my prepaid gratuities or included Wi-Fi.  I don't know what I should see.  Do I need to call them to be sure?

Thanks, Penny

45 minutes ago, acctgtogo said:

How do I know if the credit is being applied to this booking (I booked online).

Why not deal with and phone the PCC that has been assigned to you?

You should have been emailed a Booking Confirmation. It has more information than you can see online. I don't think it shows the source of OBC -- but it will show OBC totals and one person's will be more than the other by the amount of the AARP (and any other Community Appreciation OBC offers applied).

• Like 1

I believe you have to confirm your continuing membership of the AARP each time you book or request the OBC.  How do they know you are still a member a year from now?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

How do they know you are still a member a year from now?

Ya I know, rite? And yet they do apply it -- maybe the confirmation is easier/automatic once it is done the first time?

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

Ya I know, rite? And yet they do apply it -- maybe the confirmation is easier/automatic once it is done the first time?

Strangely enough, I can't get your link above to work - and I used to find it on the HAL site at the bottom of the home page under "Cruise Deals", but it is no longer there.  I wonder what's going on...

Thanks to all.  I didn't see the attachment - only the link to log-in to see the booking, so I missed seeing the details.  We've always sailed Celebrity and know how to find things on their website but I am having trouble learning the HA website.  Thanks again to all.  I see that they applied a $100 OBC to both my husband and me so we are good.  And I will send in updated AARP information yearly so it doesn't get removed.    

8 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Strangely enough, I can't get your link above to work - and I used to find it on the HAL site at the bottom of the home page under "Cruise Deals", but it is no longer there.  I wonder what's going on...

(1) It is working for me; maybe they just had a glitch today?

(2) It's now found under the DEALS menu in the top blue banner; in the first column (also Deals), second from the bottom.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

The HAL website geolocates you so from Canada you will only get the Canadian version of the site which does not include the AARP deal as AARP is US based. The first time I went through this I had to use a VPN connected to a US based server in order to see the US version of the HAL website.

Having said that, the link to do the confirmation is not geolocated and you can go directly to it here: https://offers.sheerid.com/holland-america/member/

Edited by skurvish