No cutbacks on Quest

margo2011

Just back from a 7 day med cruise on the quest .The embarkation was the best yet ,boarding from 2pm we arrived about 1-50pm and I timed it we where on the ship in 8 minutes .

The itinerary was really good and transport plentiful and regular .We were most impressed by the food options in the main dining room .It seemed to have more choices and daily menus from the countries we were visiting .Can’t really comment from the buffet as we don’t use it but it changed daily and didn’t her any negatives from other passengers .

The staff as usual were very polite and attentive .My only negative is the entertainment both in the Den and the Cabernet lounge really poor.I don’t expect big shows but the amazing night was a flamenco group who came onboard and I saw them 2 years ago when they came on in Bordeaux same show lasting about 25 minutes .People we’re just sitting waiting for the next entertainer but that was it .The white night was great good food nice vibe and the officers buffet was also good they had a bbq on deck .

One of the shows with the ships singers was quite cringeworthy ,people not knowing where to look .You could say music is subjective but there is good music and we can  all recognise it .

The entertainment won’t stop me cruising with Azamara because everything else makes up for it but the management mustn’t be listening to the feedback .I realise a small ship may not be able to attract the more experienced entertainers but surely they can do better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think you must be on a different ship to me. I am on Quest now and notice considerable cutbacks. Food is OK but the choices in Compass Rose are limited. I am not a fussy eater but I think the daily choice is poor.  It takes ages for the food at Windows lunchtime buffet to be replenished. The CR ‘every day’ menu is a lot smaller than last time I cruised with Azamara. Again, the included drinks list is very reduced. I remember when the cocktail list covered 2 pages. It is down to virtually half a page. We used to love the Azamazing evenings but we too had the Flamenco show last night. However the crew are fabulous. 

26 minutes ago, Grandma Gilly said:

I think you must be on a different ship to me. I am on Quest now and notice considerable cutbacks. Food is OK but the choices in Compass Rose are limited. I am not a fussy eater but I think the daily choice is poor.  It takes ages for the food at Windows lunchtime buffet to be replenished. The CR ‘every day’ menu is a lot smaller than last time I cruised with Azamara. Again, the included drinks list is very reduced. I remember when the cocktail list covered 2 pages. It is down to virtually half a page. We used to love the Azamazing evenings but we too had the Flamenco show last night. However the crew are fabulous. 

Funny we had that replenishment issue in Windows in February on Quest and didn’t enjoy our lunchtime experiences however just off Journey where we never encountered any issues and enjoyed a lovely varied range of offerings. It’s down to the Executive Chef and FB manager. If they’re not supervising it goes pear shaped. We never saw them checking around on Quest but did on Journey and the difference was significant. Journey also had a very proactive Hotel Director who was also checking- the inconsistencies are down to the management 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Grandma Gilly said:

I thought the MD on Quest is Discoveries while Compass Rose is the Regent MD.

• Like 2

I thought the choices at breakfast in the MDR was excellent they had more Asian options and several cooked to order omelettes ,the fruit plates were more  varied  including 3 types of melon strawberries blackberries and raspberries.They also had for the hearty eater steak and eggs every morning .We don’t have lunch onboard we like to try the local restaurants .

some evenings we struggled to choose as so many options including all the favourites ,French onion soup escargot and a choice of steaks .

I had a fabulous lamb tagine and fruity couscous  my husband said his goats cheese ravioli was some of the best he has had.

I can only speak of my experience .Sorry you are disappointed .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grandma Gilly said:

You can ask for any cocktail you like so long as it can be made with the included spirits, and the included spirits have not changed for the last 10 years (apart from a different brand of scotch)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi can I just say we had shuttle buses were required ,not Malaga Cadiz or Lisbon were they weren’t warranted . Also can I say the wine offer on the basic package was 4  reds better than the 2 previously offered .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1