Weird back-to-back question

I’m looking at doing a back-to-back on the Aqua in April of 2025. It’s a 4-day followed by a 7-day. However, the 4-day is the 21st through the 25th and the 7-day begins on the 26th. Usually, on back-to-backs you don’t have to pack up your room (if you’re in same cabin) or leave the ship. It seems odd to me that there is a full day between these cruises. Can someone explain how the back-to-back process will work? If I manage to get the same cabin for both, will I have to completely pack up at the end of day 4?

It sounds like there is a one day "non-rev" cruise in between your two sailings. I think you not only will have to pack up your cabin but will have to find a place to stay on land during that one night. This is during Aqua's first US sailings and it's not unusual to have cruises for media and travel agents that don't actually sail but have people on board to learn about the ship, You might want to call NCL and look into this further.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kenlorz said:

I’m looking at doing a back-to-back on the Aqua in April of 2025. It’s a 4-day followed by a 7-day. However, the 4-day is the 21st through the 25th and the 7-day begins on the 26th. Usually, on back-to-backs you don’t have to pack up your room (if you’re in same cabin) or leave the ship. It seems odd to me that there is a full day between these cruises. Can someone explain how the back-to-back process will work? If I manage to get the same cabin for both, will I have to completely pack up at the end of day 4?

Two different ports???

GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BAHAMAS

4-DAY CRUISE ON NORWEGIAN AQUA

Bahamas: Great Stirrup Cay & Bimini

from Miami, Florida

DISCOVER STUNNING SEA VIEWS ALONG PUERTO PLATA’S COASTLINE

7-DAY CRUISE ON NORWEGIAN AQUA

Caribbean: Great Stirrup Cay & Dominican Republic

from Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Two different ports???

GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BAHAMAS

4-DAY CRUISE ON NORWEGIAN AQUA

Bahamas: Great Stirrup Cay & Bimini

from Miami, Florida

DISCOVER STUNNING SEA VIEWS ALONG PUERTO PLATA’S COASTLINE

7-DAY CRUISE ON NORWEGIAN AQUA

Caribbean: Great Stirrup Cay & Dominican Republic

from Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

Good catch!  I didn't even look to see where the ship was sailing from...just assumed if someone was doing a B2B, it would be from the same port.

• Like 1

This is not really a true back to back as usual.  If I were booking a cruise on Aqua, it would only be the 7 day out of Orlando. It would be a lot easier to manage, just my opinion.  Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide, and good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenlorz said:

It seems odd to me that there is a full day between these cruises.

This day out of service is needed to comply with the PVSA, as your "back to back" would be from Miami to Port Canaveral (Miami to Miami, Miami to PC, PC to PC, so as far as CBP is concerned this is Miami to PC.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I totally missed the Miami starting port! Also, I now see the 4-day is an Easter Break cruise… that’s a deal breaker for us. Oh well..

• Like 2