First B2B Questions

On changeover day where do I check in for cruise number 2? Is it online or in the port terminal? We are in the same cabin for both cruises. What is the process for muster drill on a B2B? Doing Utopia B2B. This is our first B2B so just trying to get it sorted before hand. Thanks so much! 

Posted (edited)

You'll get instructions onboard (via a letter in your cabin). You'll be told to meet somewhere at a certain time in the morning, hang out for a bit while everyone else disembarks, then be led into the terminal (briefly) to go through customs, get new sea pass cards, then be led back onto the ship. It's business as usual after that. You have to do muster again like any other cruise.

Looking forward to a few Utopia B2B's myself but not for a while.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Cruiznut68 said:

On changeover day where do I check in for cruise number 2? Is it online or in the port terminal? We are in the same cabin for both cruises. What is the process for muster drill on a B2B? Doing Utopia B2B. This is our first B2B so just trying to get it sorted before hand. Thanks so much! 

Also if there is a B2B meeting (usually a day or two ptior to your TAD) I recommend you attend. Good info and not allo B2B cruises are done the same. Remember each leg is two different cruises. Nothing carries over. Your account for the first leg will be closed out. Any nonrefundable OBC for the first leg must be spent or you will lose it. As @OCSC Mike said you'll receive a detailed letter a day or two before your TAD explaining everything. 

• Like 2

Do they still do the B2B lunch in the MDR anymore? Last time we did a B2B on the Harmony our "special lunch" was in the Solarium Bistro but it ended up opening for everyone so there was nothing special about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Be careful of the addiction! We (mostly me) got hooked on having a balcony (or at least a window) and now we almost always book B2B's! Very enjoyable to stay on the ship when lots of others are leaving, and it also enables you to be some of the first back on the ship. Be sure to take your ID/passport and sea passes with you when you meet to get off and re-board. Since you're keeping the same cabin, you can leave it all in there (or at least we always have). Easy peasy! Hope you enjoy your first B2B!

@2chiefs Our recent cruises have always provided us with a very nice B2B lunch but, since Utopia cruises are only 3 or 4 days, I am not sure how they will do it. We will be doing a B2B on Utopia in February, so I will know then, if not before.

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Do they still do the B2B lunch in the MDR anymore? Last time we did a B2B on the Harmony our "special lunch" was in the Solarium Bistro but it ended up opening for everyone so there was nothing special about it.

Our last B2B RC cruise was March 2022 on the Explorer and our B2B lunch was in the MDR. Not open to new boarders. 

2 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

<<<SNIP>>>

@2chiefs Our recent cruises have always provided us with a very nice B2B lunch but, since Utopia cruises are only 3 or 4 days, I am not sure how they will do it.

Glad to hear they are still doing it. Our "non-B2B lunch" on Harmony was in December 2022 and we thought it was just another thing that went away after covid. Glad to hear they are still doing it. I remember the by-gone days when it sometimes included wine and some officers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Glad to hear they are still doing it. Our "non-B2B lunch" on Harmony was in December 2022 and we thought it was just another thing that went away after covid. Glad to hear they are still doing it. I remember the by-gone days when it sometimes included wine and some officers.

I remember getting wine with our "lunch with officers" perk from our D+ status. Officers showed up for the toast, then left. Nice gesture.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I remember getting wine with our "lunch with officers" perk from our D+ status. Officers showed up for the toast, then left. Nice gesture.

Our March 2017 JOS cruise doing a B2B. TAD lunch was in the MDR for all B2Bers and we all were treated to wine with lunch. White and red. Even refills. Haven't experienced that since then. Not even with Celebrity.  🍷🙂

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruiznut68 said:

Just curious why you would do a B2B on a 3 and 4 day cruise? I would book a 7 day cruise every time instead of doing a B2B 3/4 day cruise. 

10 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just curious why you would do a B2B on a 3 and 4 day cruise? I would book a 7 day cruise every time instead of doing a B2B 3/4 day cruise. 

Some intinaries and ships are more appealing to others. Personal preference. We wouldn't. Personal preference. Why book only a 7 day cruise when you can make it a 14 night cruise? Of course, personal preference. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We did this because we really want to see Utopia in person and the 3 or 4 day itineraries were only offered. We wanted to be on board Utopia for at least 7 days; maybe just a one and done but ya never know, since we really like the Oasis classes of ships!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not the OP but I've done one 3/4 before and have several more booked.

Some of our reasons (which are all related to personal preference as @doghog mentioned)...

- We sail mostly for the ship and love CocoCay so don't mind lack of ports and enjoy going to PDCC twice in 7 days

- I only sail from PC and group rates for Utopia were either similar to Wonder or far less than Star for the dates I was looking at (plus I'm not really interested in Icon class).

- We won't spend a penny on excursions and I usually do on 7N cruises so that helps bring the total cost down.

-Internet is totally covered by D+ on short cruises (we share one device) so that also saves money.

-We want to see Utopia after going on Wonder 4-5 times (even though they will be very similar).

Different strokes...

• Like 2