CVP's Still On Staff?

I have to call RW today as well to make  a payment, so lets see what happens... Not sure what your first name is OP , but i will pass on you  have called and are waiting for a callback. 

He usually works 12-8pm EST. 

35 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Just called RW at ext 4418 and got his voicemail. Said he was on the line with another guest. Sure hope that means he is still with the company. 

I've left him 3 messages and no answer.  His VM is live.  When my CVP was 'unavailable' there was no VM but a transfer to a line for me to leave a message to be assigned another CVP.  No callback from anyone (yet).

26 minutes ago, Pear33 said:

I have to call RW today as well to make  a payment, so lets see what happens... Not sure what your first name is OP , but i will pass on you  have called and are waiting for a callback. 

He usually works 12-8pm EST. 

If he's screening calls and you have to make a payment, no doubt he'll call you.  I think he's overworked as it is and won't accept me or any new clients.  But thanks for the offer to help....😇.

Posted (edited)

For those who don't know a CVP works with you finding not only the best price but also the best OBC as well as good cabin placement etc.

I have been w/Celebrity since the early 90's and used to do everything myself but about 8 years ago I stumbled on a Great planner and never looked back. I no longer had to deal agents that  barely knew what they were doing. My CVP was outstanding. I would just bring a booking to her.and nice things would happen.

I truly dread the thought of having to call an agent and having to try and explain everything without pulling my hair out.

Edited by morfred

20 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've left him 3 messages and no answer.  His VM is live.  When my CVP was 'unavailable' there was no VM but a transfer to a line for me to leave a message to be assigned another CVP.  No callback from anyone (yet).

To add to above....just after submitting this post, I had a call from RW.  He can't accept new clients without running it by a supervisor but will help me with the current issue.  He assured me I'd be assigned a new CVP.  While on the call, the 'new CVP' was calling me to set up our connection.   I don't think there was a general layoff and my CVP either left on her own accord or was let go...so panic that I started shouldn't have started....sorry....😢.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, morfred said:

For those who don't know a CVP works with you finding not only the best price but also the best OBC as well as good cabin placement etc.

I have been w/Celebrity since the early 90's and used to do everything myself but about 8 years ago I stumbled on a Great planner and never looked back. I no longer had to deal agents that  barely knew what they were doing. My CVP was outstanding. I would just bring a booking to her.and nice things would happen.

I truly dread the thought of having to call an agent and having to try and explain everything without pulling my hair out.

I always tell whoever I'm booking (cruise line or a TA) with exactly what we want; ship, date, itinerary, cabin number, etc. IMO, anything above that, best price, discounts, OBC, etc. is part of their job. At least a good agent will.

We took our second cruise, first Celebrity Cruise in 1994 on the Zenith. Even had to pay to join the Captains Club. At that time it was called the Founders Club. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2

I got an email from our CVP expressing his sympathy because we had to cancel our May 1 cruise from Honolulu, last Friday since DH had to have emergency surgery.  So nice of him since he was losing his commission and still thinking of our disappointment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

I always tell whoever I'm booking (cruise line or a TA) with exactly what we want, ship, date, itinerary, cabin number, etc. IMO, anything above that, best price, discounts, OBC, etc. is part of their job. At least a good agent will.

We took our second cruise, first Celebrity Cruise in 1994 on the Zenith. Even had to pay to join the Captains Club. At that time it was called the Founders Club. 

This. It's really not that hard to tell my TA what cabin I would like (I always give her a few options in case my first choice is gone by the time she gets it - which is always within 24 hours, usually less...but I'd rather give her more just in case).

And as I've worked with her, she has gotten to know what I like, so honestly I hardly NEED to tell her any more as she can look at availability and book what I'd prefer.

8 minutes ago, doghog said:

Even had to pay to join the Captains Club. At that time it was called the Founders Club. 

We paid to join also...first cruise on the Horizon.  I forget what we paid...were we reimbursed?  Memory fails...LOL.

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We paid to join also...first cruise on the Horizon.  I forget what we paid...were we reimbursed?  Memory fails...LOL.

It was $35.00 p/p. We (all) were reimbursed with a few CC points. Can't remember how many CC points. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

This. It's really not that hard to tell my TA what cabin I would like (I always give her a few options in case my first choice is gone by the time she gets it - which is always within 24 hours, usually less...but I'd rather give her more just in case).

And as I've worked with her, she has gotten to know what I like, so honestly I hardly NEED to tell her any more as she can look at availability and book what I'd prefer.

Agree. Having a long good relationship with a TA is priceless. We use to until 2008! Enough said on that. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

While on the call, the 'new CVP' was calling me to set up our connection.   I don't think there was a general layoff and my CVP either left on her own accord or was let go...so panic that I started shouldn't have started....sorry...

Well, I'm glad someone has been assigned to you, and I hope they are great.

Cynthia was my long-time CVP and she was fabulous.  After reading this thread, I just called her extension and got a computer voice telling me the CVP at that extension is "no longer available."  Heck of a way to find out (from CC) that she's gone; I can only hope for her sake this was her choice. 

I hope I hear from Celebrity with the name of a new CVP.   They really should have sent out an email notice to Cynthia's clients with the news, even if they weren't ready to assign someone new, but saying that they will. Just bad communications by Celebrity.

And just to make it clear, I’m really depressed by this news. Cynthia was so good at her job. 

I also hate not having the chance to say goodbye to someone I’ve worked with for years, and thank them. (At least I always told her along the way how terrific she was and how much I appreciated her assistance.) 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 4

That's sad I'm sorry. I find all companies these days aren't communicating about letting people go

It's tough finding good people which is why I've been doing things myself, I had a TA but she left and the replacement wasn't good so I've been doing my own bookings.

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Cynthia was my long-time CVP and she was fabulous.  After reading this thread, I just called her extension and got a computer voice telling me the CVP at that extension is "no longer available."  Heck of a way to find out (from CC) that she's gone; I can only hope for her sake this was her choice.

Cynthia was our CVP also and I found out she wasn't any longer as you did.  I have the impression she left on her own accord and somewhat hastily?  She took over from our 2nd rep in Dec. '19....very lovely person.  And yes, X slipped up not advising her clients with an email.  The reassignment could have happened in a few days.  I wasted some time with a hold which involved a cancellation and rebooking a BB which I didn't want to have assigned to general staff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

That's sad I'm sorry. I find all companies these days aren't communicating about letting people go

It's tough finding good people which is why I've been doing things myself, I had a TA but she left and the replacement wasn't good so I've been doing my own bookings.

It's hard to know until you're into the booking and likely too late if you don't like how it's going.

4 hours ago, doghog said:

It was $35.00 p/p. We (all) were reimbursed with a few CC points. Can't remember how many CC points. 

Guess those points added to being Elite +....will never make Zenith at this rate....LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

It's always unfortunate when someone loses his/her job.  Although NO companies advertise it, they may announce a series of layoffs but they aren't going to give the names, privacy issues.

26 minutes ago, Liao said:

It's always unfortunate when someone loses his/her job.  Although NO companies advertise it, they may announce a series of layoffs but they aren't going to give the names, privacy issues.

Yeah they leave it for other employees to do. I had to do that recently, get on a call and explain people x,y,z were no longer with the company - super awkward.