Have I made a mistake booking suite 15734 on the Arvia (or Iona)?

CBG_Russ

I have just booked our first ever cruise on the P&O Arvia and after having looked at deck maps have realised that Deck 15 and our Suite (15734) at the AFT is directly under the Infinity Pool area.

We are not overly sensitive to noise, but do you think this could be a problem?

Deck 14 would have been best, but it seems the wrap around balcony suites sell out very quickly.

Has anyone here stayed on Deck 15 on the Arvia or Iona towards the rear (past the Horizon Restaurant) and had any issues?

Thank you in advance.

Suite 15734 Arvia.png

Were there no other suites on the aft left?  

We were in deluxe balcony 14742 on Arvia at easter and could see that the suites on deck 15 didn't get much sun because of the overhang of deck 16.  I would also be wary of the noise from the sunbeds being moved and put into position in the mornings.

9 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Were there no other suites on the aft left?  

We were in deluxe balcony 14742 on Arvia at easter and could see that the suites on deck 15 didn't get much sun because of the overhang of deck 16.  I would also be wary of the noise from the sunbeds being moved and put into position in the mornings.

No, All the other corner suites were taken. The shade won't bother us to be honest and I was hoping the pool area will close early and open late although we are very early risers normally.

• Like 1

If you don't mind noise it shouldn't bother you too much. However there is constant music. If you move further down, deck 8/9 will be churning out different music.

Oh, I have just read this and realised I am turning into my father- in- law😧

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CBG_Russ said:

No, All the other corner suites were taken. The shade won't bother us to be honest and I was hoping the pool area will close early and open late although we are very early risers normally.

We stayed in 15735 on Arvia last year they are fantastic. We had no problems with noise from above our only gripe was the DJ in the bar below but he was based on starboard side not port. I'm sure you will enjoy, have a great time.

19 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

We stayed in 15735 on Arvia last year they are fantastic. We had no problems with noise from above our only gripe was the DJ in the bar below but he was based on starboard side not port. I'm sure you will enjoy, have a great time.

That's great info thank you.

As per a previous post how did you find the lack of sun on the balcony?

32 minutes ago, CBG_Russ said:

That's great info thank you.

As per a previous post how did you find the lack of sun on the balcony?

Not a problem it all depends on time of day and direction you are travelling in, you can always move around to the side or shuffle the loungers/chairs around.

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Yes we had ' DJ Griggsy'  belting out his Ibiza chillout music from the sunset bar below on our Caribbean in Jan. We noticed he alternates between deck 8 and deck 16 so good to hear there's no noise when he's upstairs. Annoying as he was it hasn't put us booking another aft cabin, on deck 14 this time and just out of the pool waterfall drop zone.  Those suites look lovely by the way.

12 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Yes we had ' DJ Griggsy'  belting out his Ibiza chillout music from the sunset bar below on our Caribbean in Jan. We noticed he alternates between deck 8 and deck 16 so good to hear there's no noise when he's upstairs. Annoying as he was it hasn't put us booking another aft cabin, on deck 14 this time and just out of the pool waterfall drop zone.  Those suites look lovely by the way.

Don't think he was upstairs on our cruise, if he was we didn't hear him. It felt like being back in the 90's at a rave when he was on in the sunset bar, it didn't put us off, the accommodation far outweighed the music.

47 minutes ago, doog442 said:

No DJ on the Easter cruise at the sunset bar. 

23 hours ago, CBG_Russ said:

You are not overlooked from deck 16 which is good.

You are shaded but if it rains you can still use your balcony.

We have had Aft deck 14 balconies on 3 occasions on Iona and you get fantastic views from the back of the ship.

There was sail away parties on deck 16 but quiet later on.

2 hours ago, Clodia said:

Good to read this as I have 15735 next spring.

Fantastic choice you'll love it. Just be prepared for the DJ but then again you might like his music!😁