Non Suite Passengers on Beyond

Like some others we sailed E class once.  Done.  Had friends in a suite suite and spent lots of time in the retreat.  Simply put we disliked the layout, that Blu felt like an afterthought with a view of 2 lifeboats and the IV dreadful to us.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 9:30 AM, Irish clare said:

i have now been lucky enough to sail on the Apex / Edge and the Beyond and am on the Ascent in a few weeks 

I have had the combination of single infinity balcony room / porthole room and will have an internal room on the Ascent - i also travel solo

Unless i win the lottery i will never be in a position to have a suite room but i can assure you that the Edge class ships are amazing for all passengers ... while  we do not have the extra restaurants or access to the retreat but the rest of the ship is so beautiful, the staff so helpful and the Martins very very tasty 🙂 

What did you think of the porthole room? We are looking at booking the Ascent next year and are considering the port hole room since I wake up before the others and would like to sit on the balcony and read.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:15 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We think it’s rather unique and enjoyed it immensely. So wonderful that there’s enough out there for all of us sea lovers to find a product to best suit our cruising needs. 

Ok. Dumb was not the best word to define the 4 separate dining rooms on the Edge class ships.

When I first set foot on a Cruise Ship (Celebrity Century,2000) I was Impressed with the Elegant 2 deck Main Dining Room and it's grand staircase and open spacious feeling.

Unlike any restaurant I had ever dined in.

I always look forward to that special feeling of a Celebrity main dining room.

The Edge class ships ruined That experience, and the 4 small dining rooms feel more like cheap Chain restaurants so common in every city and state.☹️

Yes. We Do have choices in where we spend our Cruise $$$ and that Is a good thing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, perkydebrajean said:

What did you think of the porthole room? We are looking at booking the Ascent next year and are considering the port hole room since I wake up before the others and would like to sit on the balcony and read.

Our porthole room was wonderful!  We had room 8118 on Ascent. It was quiet, spacious, and the true balcony was small but wonderful!  I am not a Sun worshiper so being able to sit on the balcony in a shaded spot any time of day was an added bonus. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, perkydebrajean said:

I had porthole veranda 7123 on the Beyond for a 10 day Southern Caribbean.  Really perfect.  Just going to put in more steps each day being so forward or aft.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, D. B. said:

Ok. Dumb was not the best word to define the 4 separate dining rooms on the Edge class ships.

When I first set foot on a Cruise Ship (Celebrity Century,2000) I was Impressed with the Elegant 2 deck Main Dining Room and it's grand staircase and open spacious feeling.

Unlike any restaurant I had ever dined in.

I always look forward to that special feeling of a Celebrity main dining room.

The Edge class ships ruined That experience, and the 4 small dining rooms feel more like cheap Chain restaurants so common in every city and state.☹️

Yes. We Do have choices in where we spend our Cruise $$$ and that Is a good thing.

After cruising on Edge twice, Apex four times and Ascent TA last two weeks, I would be hard-pressed to agree that the four E class MDRs feel like cheap chain restaurants.  Please tell me which have the art, furniture lighting and ambiance of Cyprus, Tuscan, Normandy and Cosmopolitan.   We truly enjoy our dining experience in those restaurants and feel it is special.   We too have dined many times in the two story Celebrity dining rooms, but that experience is both overwhelming and underwhelming.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kabmab said:

After cruising on Edge twice, Apex four times and Ascent TA last two weeks, I would be hard-pressed to agree that the four E class MDRs feel like cheap chain restaurants.  Please tell me which have the art, furniture lighting and ambiance of Cyprus, Tuscan, Normandy and Cosmopolitan.   We truly enjoy our dining experience in those restaurants and feel it is special.   We too have dined many times in the two story Celebrity dining rooms, but that experience is both overwhelming and underwhelming.

I never tried the four MDR on the Beyond but the MDR on Eclipse was quite nice.  I was surprised after reading all the complaints.

We have a running joke on our local Nextdoor that nothing is as good as our Olive Garden.  So I have to ask, are the 4 MDRs on Edge class ships as good as the Olive Garden?  Where they treat you like family?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kabmab said:

It’s great that we have choices!

Posted (edited)

We found Cosmopolitan to be quite elegant! We don't eat at chain restaurants so can't make a comparison there. But the reason we kept coming back to Cosmo (over Luminae) was our amazing waiter who gave us several nights of enjoyable dining. 

Edited by RK-NC

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I never tried the four MDR on the Beyond but the MDR on Eclipse was quite nice.  I was surprised after reading all the complaints.

We have a running joke on our local Nextdoor that nothing is as good as our Olive Garden.  So I have to ask, are the 4 MDRs on Edge class ships as good as the Olive Garden?  Where they treat you like family?

😆 No idea.  We don't eat at cheap chain restaurants.  No need for vast amounts of mediocre food.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kabmab said:

😆 No idea.  We don't eat at cheap chain restaurants.  No need for vast amounts of mediocre food.

Who are you calling mediocre?  They have breadsticks?!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure this has been answered but just giving another option.  We have been on Edge, Apex, and now Beyond (April 22).  All three were IV and we love it.  Since we have not been in a suite, I cannot add comments on that but these ships cater to everyone...not just suites.  The crew was outstanding and there are so many venues to explore and enjoy.  One great find for us was the Plunge Pool on the starboard side near the back.   It is close to the smoking section but that does not interfere at all.   The sunset bar is also a favorite.  Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1