Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

xtrail

On Enchanted Princes sept 7-14 ,  what would be the earliest flight one could have to get from the port to LGA  without panic of missing flight

Thanks

9 minutes ago, xtrail said:

On Enchanted Princes sept 7-14 ,  what would be the earliest flight one could have to get from the port to LGA  without panic of missing flight

Thanks

That’s a Sunday return, so you should not have a traffic problem.  But, here are the PCL guidelines.

image.thumb.png.1d916c137f1bc74055c4c4365c440c84.png

Posted (edited)

Most of the time. Embark/Debark almost always takes place in Brooklyn. The only time they would use Manhattan is if NY is a port of call in the middle of cruise, occasionally at the beginning or end of a Trans-Atlantic (not always), or an inaugural. The only other time a Princess ship would Embark/Debark in Manhattan is if another ship is scheduled at the same time to be berthed in Brooklyn. Either a Cunard (most likely Queen Mary), MSC or Princess Ship.

Edited by Mike A

Are you parked at the terminal or getting a taxi? Domestic or international, checking bags, pre-check? At a minimum, probably 4 hours after scheduled arrival. I’d feel more comfortable with 5 hours if you don’t want to feel stressed. Arrival in Brooklyn can be absolute bedlam. We arrived in a rainstorm in September and getting our car took ages.

I would say anything around noon or later would be fine. You could probably make an earlier flight (I've done an 11:00am flight out of JFK after docking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal on NYC Marathon day!), but if there is a delay with docking or clearing the ship, it could get pretty stressful. Something would have to go pretty catastrophically wrong for you to miss a flight that was after noon.

12 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

(I've done an 11:00am flight out of JFK after docking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal on NYC Marathon day!)

Manhattan and Brooklyn, is like comparing apples to oranges. 

10 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Manhattan and Brooklyn, is like comparing apples to oranges. 

Brooklyn to JFK is a shorter trip than Manhattan to JFK... plus that was Marathon day, so that's why I was pointing it out specifically. Can't really expect traffic to be an WORSE than that on a weekend.

• Like 1