Princess Grill

Minnie29

Nope.... not since the great "let's chuck out all the little niceties and use Covid as an excuse".  Sewing kit, shoe cleaner, atlas (which we always used) and.. umbrellas.  All gone. You might ask... I think our steward found a 10 year old shoe polisher for me that was dried out and one could only thank him for the effort. Not sure if what happened to the umbrellas fullstop. But no.. have not seen one in a PG cabin in four cruises now. 

1 hour ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Nope.... not since the great "let's chuck out all the little niceties and use Covid as an excuse".  Sewing kit, shoe cleaner, atlas (which we always used) and.. umbrellas.  All gone. You might ask... I think our steward found a 10 year old shoe polisher for me that was dried out and one could only thank him for the effort. Not sure if what happened to the umbrellas fullstop. But no.. have not seen one in a PG cabin in four cruises now. 

Well we had one in QG on QV last time, so they may be reappearing. Latest brochure claims atlases too.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I noted they still say "atlas" on the website but I haven't seen one since 2019. One wonders just where all this "stuff" went anyway??  The Atlas was more illuminating that the instructions on how to work the coffee machine that's for sure...

At least they still have rain panchos at the stair landings to hand out.  

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Well we had one in QG on QV last time, so they may be reappearing. Latest brochure claims atlases too.

and always worth asking for products which have 'disappeared'. In QG for instance, it's quite surprising what Butlers can source. 🙂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Does anyone know if umbrellas are provided in the Princess grill cabins on Queen Victoria? Thank you

On QE in PG...

On our Aug23 Panama canal voyage there were two umbrellas in our closet upon embarkation. 

On our Feb24 South Pacific voyage we asked our steward and two umbrellas appeared that evening.