Summit Sky Suite 6146

Folsomdoc

We are sailing on the Smooth Jazz Cruise in February of 2025. We’ve tried to do this for a few years but it sells out quickly. Since it’s a charter all the perks of suite travel are pretty much nil-we get breakfast in Luminae but otherwise it’s a specialty restaurant for example. But, my question is this specific cabin. It’s adjacent to a penthouse suite separated by a door. Now this is a music cruise with some pretty big names (in the smooth jazz world) so I assume one of them will be in the penthouse. If it’s a sax player who likes to rehearse, well, gonna get loud. Any first hand experience with this cabin? We found a You Tube video that really played it up in terms of space and the balcony, but really want to know about the noise level from our neighbor. Thanks! 

17 minutes ago, Folsomdoc said:

We found a You Tube video that really played it up in terms of space and the balcony, but really want to know about the noise level from our neighbor. Thanks! 

This is going to be 100% dependent upon who your neighbors are. 

I would assume any musicians on the cruise would be rehearsing in the theater versus in their room.  To do rehearsals in their room would simply be bad manners. 

p.s. We'll be traveling in that same suite next month. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

6145 and 6146 are my favorite sky suites because they have a separate real shower and tub which is great for used towels. The Dakuna is right on target about noise.

Edited by cruzzzinma
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

We stayed in 6145 in 2015 before the Summit was revolutionized. And we were literally the last cruise before Luminae opened. So fewer suite perks back then aside from having access to a butler. It was an incredible stateroom! Loved the bathroom and large balcony. From photos I've seen online, it is even more beautiful now having been updated. I would stay in that room again in a heartbeat! Not to worry at all! 

Read the next paragraph with a grain of salt because what we experienced is a thing of the past. Just wanted to share this story that we now laugh about from our stay in that suite...

At the time of our sailing, the Penthouse had a grand piano with "player piano" type tech built in adjacent to where our bed was. Normally it wouldn't have bothered us as I would have enjoyed overhearing professional, preprogrammed music. However, the guests of the Penthouse had a large multigenerational group on board - including a hoard of kids - who banged away on the poor piano before the crack of down over the first couple of days. It was especially annoying because I'm a pianist myself and could tell the kids were actually INSIDE the piano underneath the cover harmfully tugging at its strings and hammers. Once we mentioned it to our butler, who had also heard the racket, it stopped. (That had to be a tough conversation with the Penthouse guests!) 

The good news is, I'm 99.99% sure the Penthouse no longer has a grand piano for aforementioned reasons!  I also think better soundproofing was likely put in place during the refit. The piano was the only thing we heard. Other than that, we didn't hear a peep from next door.

As DaKahuna noted above, I doubt musicians would practice in their staterooms. I was an entertainment crew member a few moons ago on a non-Celebrity ship and we would always practice in the theatre, backstage or in venues away from any crew or guest cabins. 

I've actually looked out for that stateroom on many occasions when making mock bookings. That's how much we loved it, piano bangers and all! LOL! Enjoy!

Edited by BeachTunes

Great bathroom. The rest of the cabin… meh. Very dark. The only natural light and sightlines to the ocean are the 3 ft wide door to the balcony. IMO this cabin is overrated on CC. 

We do music charters every year last few on summit, you should get all meals in Luminae except it is closed for lunch on port days . You should also get free drinks all day in suite lounge , there is also a small outdoor retreat which serves a limited lunch. 

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

Great bathroom. The rest of the cabin… meh. Very dark. The only natural light and sightlines to the ocean are the 3 ft wide door to the balcony. IMO this cabin is overrated on CC. 

We are in this cabin but on Millennium starting next week.  On our last cruise, the guest in 6145 gave us a tour so we could see what it was like, but the tour was in the evening so did not see that there was only a door and no window as the side of the door like a normal balcony.  Not sure that will matter to us as we spend more time on the balcony than sitting in the room looking out, weather permitting. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We are in this cabin but on Millennium starting next week.  On our last cruise, the guest in 6145 gave us a tour so we could see what it was like, but the tour was in the evening so did not see that there was only a door and no window as the side of the door like a normal balcony.  Not sure that will matter to us as we spend more time on the balcony than sitting in the room looking out, weather permitting. 

Those who are less physically able will find the separate walk-in shower to be godsent. Thankfully not an issue for us currently. Having stayed in it once given the hype here on CC, I would no longer seek it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Those who are less physically able will find the separate walk-in shower to be godsent. Thankfully not an issue for us currently. Having stayed in it once given the hype here on CC, I would no longer seek it out. 

I really like the walk in shower, many of the newer ships are now walk in , love royal suite with both .

May 17, 2003

Dallas, Texas

Posted 17 hours ago

We do music charters every year last few on summit, you should get all meals in Luminae except it is closed for lunch on port days . You should also get free drinks all day in suite lounge , there is also a small outdoor retreat which serves a limited lunch. 

Wish that were true. Each charter company makes its own rules. Luminae is available for breakfast for suite guests but otherwise is a specialty restaurant with attendant up charge. Likewise Blu is a “chop house” for this cruise also a specialty restaurant. Suite guests have access to the retreat lounge 7:30-5 but 24/7 access to the retreat deck.