Need a hotel recommendation for Port Canaveral area

My daughter & I are cruising on Utopia of the Seas in September.

We will need transportation to & from Orlando airport.  We will be staying one night before cruise.  My daughter would like a beach/oceanfront room (Cocoa Beach) but I think Port Canaveral to see the ships going out would be nice.  We don’t have transportation so would like to be able to walk to restaurants.

Looking for recommendations.

We used Cortrans shuttle to transport us from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral and back after the cruise. On time, clean vans. I don’t know about staying at the beach, but we stayed at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport. It’s very convenient because it’s right upstairs from baggage claim.

On 4/27/2024 at 10:02 AM, EbayCruiser said:

We chose Hampton Inn/Home2Suites in Port Canaveral and decided to rent a car so we can go on down & explore Cocoa Beach.  

Thanks for all the replies.

Are you renting from MCO and return at Port Canaveral?  Which car rental company?

1 hour ago, asianguy30 said:

Are you renting from MCO and return at Port Canaveral?  Which car rental company?

Not the poster however...rent from MCO and return to the rental office in Port Canaveral.

If you're a Costco member check online they have great rates. We've used Budget.

We are going to use Budget

20 hours ago, asianguy30 said:

We are going to use Budget

On 4/28/2024 at 1:59 PM, asianguy30 said:

When I did this, I used Avis and booked through Costco Travel. I believe they have shuttles to/from the port, but we didn't use them. We were staying at the Radisson down the street and had a hotel shuttle to the port, so I turned in the car the evening before the cruise and just walked back to the hotel.

Edited by straitlover1965

We rented using Costco for Enterprise (MCO) and returned at the port also.  Three car rental agencies use the same building and there was a shuttle to the pier.  All very easy.

We stayed at Best Western Cocoa Beach.  Nice location with some units facing the ocean and beach.  Then, just a few miles to the port to drop off care & start the cruise.😎